Brewer Fanatic

Mark Reynolds to St. Louis

jerichoholicninja

more like I think we can pencil him in for the NL MVP

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Some peoples trash is another persons treasure. Hopefully he hits under .200 for them as well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm just glad we didn't resign the guy... Odds are he beats us once or twice next season, but it is what it is...

Hopefully Rickie goes anywhere but St. Louis. I just don't want to see him in a Cardinals uniform, ever.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Couldn't agree more. Just like him way too much to see him in a Cardinals uni. I understand that we will not have him back but please, not the Cardinals.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

To me, Reynolds is the perfect guy NOT to have back. The recent trend of the expanding strike zone (specifically the lower edge of the zone) has killed players like him. From what I saw last year, he's getting killed by low pitches. He can't lay off them like he did 5 years ago. He has to cover the strike zone, and the result is more guessing and weaker contact. At age 31, he's not going to suddenly get better reflexes or increase his bat speed.

Perhaps there's some pitch studies that prove or disprove my theory. But I think guys like Reynolds have floundered because they can't sit on pitches in the wheelhouse like they used to. They have to cover bigger strike zones, which limits their effectiveness.

To Reynolds credit, he looked like a very good fielder last year at 1B. I just don't think he's going to hit well again.

One thing I will say about Reynolds is that I have never personally witnessed someone who hits the ball as hard as he does. The few times I actually saw him make contact at the games I went to, they were laser beams.

Are you sure he actually hit those balls? It could have just been caught up in the wind as he swung.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

the issue though is they have noone to play 1st against lefties, do you really want to Matt Clark / Adam Lind platoon. I thought Reynolds would be a good part time player again due to the brewers salary cap restraints.

What about occasionally giving Luc a day off behind the plate and putting him at 1st against a lefty?

One thing I will say about Reynolds is that I have never personally witnessed someone who hits the ball as hard as he does. The few times I actually saw him make contact at the games I went to, they were laser beams.

Branyan.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

the issue though is they have noone to play 1st against lefties, do you really want to Matt Clark / Adam Lind platoon. I thought Reynolds would be a good part time player again due to the brewers salary cap restraints.

Yes I would rather give Matt Clark and Rogers an opportunity to whack away at left handers. Matt Clark slugged 4 bombs last season in not many plate appearances. Let's see what he can do for us at $500,000 instead of the strikeout king Reynolds.

Matt Clark batted .185 in limited duty last season and still struck out in 30% of his atbats.

He may do fine in a platoon but there is a reason why he didn't make his MLB debut till 27.

Late bloomer. It has happened before.

He could suck, but it's not like we had a great option with Reynolds there. I'd take my chances with Clark and Rogers being acceptable MLB players on the cheap. Heck, if we do not give them a try, we will never know if they become anything. It's not like they're starting. I'll take the chance.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yes I would rather give Matt Clark and Rogers an opportunity to whack away at left handers. Matt Clark slugged 4 bombs last season in not many plate appearances. Let's see what he can do for us at $500,000 instead of the strikeout king Reynolds.

Matt Clark is lefthanded, so I'm guessing he's not going to platoon with the lefthanded Lind.

Right handers Rogers or Jimenez are probably the current plan (although Jimenez 1B time is limited).

Branyan.

I never personally witnessed Branyan play, so Reynolds is still tops in my eyes. Literally.

Branyan.

I just connected the fact that somehow The Muscle is one of my favorite former Brewers, yet Reynolds is one of my most despised. I can't figure myself out. :embarrassed

Hardest hit laser beam I ever saw hit at Miller Park was by Jose Bombista. Reynolds hit 'em hard though. Rickie Weeks sure launched a few line drives. I'll never forget the shot Weeks put off the train in Houston

MLB sure is low on power-hitting right handers these days. Crazy that a guy like Reynolds who hits @ .220 at best can keep finding work. He hit .196 last year with a .287 OBP, but he hit 22 HR's so teams want him? Very strange. The guy had an 88 OPS+ last season!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Hardest hit laser beam I ever saw hit at Miller Park was by Jose Bombista. Reynolds hit 'em hard though. Rickie Weeks sure launched a few line drives. I'll never forget the shot Weeks put off the train in Houston

MLB sure is low on power-hitting right handers these days. Crazy that a guy like Reynolds who hits @ .220 at best can keep finding work. He hit .196 last year with a .287 OBP, but he hit 22 HR's so teams want him? Very strange. The guy had an 88 OPS+ last season!

Not overly horrible for a guy who plays decent defense at 3B and solid defense at 1B... he's fine for a backup corner IF.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Not overly horrible for a guy who plays decent defense at 3B and solid defense at 1B... he's fine for a backup corner IF.

Sure, but after how he hit for us the majority of last year, there's no doubt it was time to move on. I hope he plays similarly for the Cards.

Archived