Brewer Fanatic

Jimmy Rollins traded to the Dodgers

torts

I love it! Dodgers are positioning themselves quite nicely..... to be like the current Yankees in a few years: they'll have the oldest, most expensive roster with tons of big-buck guys not playing either for health or productivity/redundancy reasons.

Dodgers Close To Acquiring Jimmy Rollins

By Mark Polishuk [December 10, 2014 at 4:37pm CST]

4:37pm: The Phillies are believed to getting two young pitchers back as part of the Rollins trade, Joel Sherman of the New York Post tweets.

4:20pm: The trade is “close” but isn’t yet completely finalized, FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal tweets. The teams haven’t worked out which players will be in the deal and a third team could possibly be involved.

4:07pm: The Dodgers have acquired shortstop Jimmy Rollins from the Phillies, CSN Philly’s Jim Salisbury reports, hearing from an industry source that the transaction is a “done deal.” As reported earlier today, Rollins was willing to waive his 10-and-5 rights to accept a trade to the Dodgers.

After losing Hanley Ramirez to the Red Sox in free agency, Los Angeles filled its vacancy at shortstop with another high-profile veteran. Rollins actually generated more fWAR (3.6 to 3.4) than Ramirez in 2014, as while Ramirez delivered more at the plate, Rollins far outpaced Ramirez defensively. Rollins is no longer the offensive force that he was in his prime, but he still posted an above-average 102 wRC+ in 2014, hitting .243/.323/.394 with 17 homers and 28 steals over 609 plate appearances.

Rollins, 36, spent his entire 15-year career in Philadelphia, with the highlights including the NL MVP Award in 2007 and a World Series title in 2008. Rollins is the Phillies’ all-time franchise leader in hits and doubles, and only Mike Schmidt played more games in a Phillie uniform.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Marlins. They are gonna be tough. Dee Gordon gets on base. He's a pretty good defender. I would take him in a heart beat over Segura.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My word! I'm reading it's Gordon+Haren(who's supposedly retiring if not to another LA team) for Andrew Heaney, Enrique Hernandez, Chris Hatcher, and Austin Barnes.

Hernandez had a higher OPS in his short stint than Dee Gordon. Hatcher pitched an effective BP job last season, Heaney was the Marlins #1 prospect+1st rd pick in 2012. Barnes has an over .800OPS with his bat in the Minors. But doesnt appear to have settled in to a position defensively.

All that for Dee Gordon? Miami is helping the Dodgers remove Haren's contract expense. Collusion somehow? This trade makes zero sense from Miami's perspective.

The fans should ask for Miami's GM Head! Pathetic move I'm so upset at this. This is a worse move than Brett Lawrie for Shaun Marcum. I'm sure Heaney could have gotten better in trade alone than Gordon w/o throwing in 3 more players?

Archived