Brewer Fanatic

ZIPS Projections 2015 - Fangraphs Releases Brewers List

Mass Haas

Maybe this needs to be bumped for people to see what the Brewers actually look like. They are average or better at every single starting position. And this is assuming freaking Luis Jimenez is platooning with Lind. There is no break out for Davis projected, no platoon for Gennett, and Fiers is expected to regress back to average. The rotation is 6 deep. Not sure what people think a good team looks like if they are saying this is a team that will struggle not to finish last.

I agree. I'm kind of mulling a theory that fans need some sizzle that trades, FAs and premium prospect graduations produce. Without it, rather than thinking about what may be, you watch other teams doing things, imagine they are getting better and expect your team to be stuck in the mud.
Formerly AKA Pete

The ZiPS projections were a pleasant surprise, and better overall than last year's projections. The WAR projections of the starting position players are the best cumulative totals to this point among teams that have had their projections released (but only five teams released so far and I am subtracting Howie Kendrick from LAA). I am looking forward to comparing them with the other NL Central clubs as they become posted. The biggest take away for me was that the bullpen is the glaring area where the largest amount of gain could be created via player acquisition.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Maybe this needs to be bumped for people to see what the Brewers actually look like. They are average or better at every single starting position. And this is assuming freaking Luis Jimenez is platooning with Lind. There is no break out for Davis projected, no platoon for Gennett, and Fiers is expected to regress back to average. The rotation is 6 deep. Not sure what people think a good team looks like if they are saying this is a team that will struggle not to finish last.

Computer projections are almost never going to project a breakout though. They are more of a "floor" than a "ceiling" (and of course, are barely more accurate than just looking at last year's stats...). I think they look pretty solid, at least position-player-wise, considering on top of all this there is a decent chance for certain players to break out (Davis, Segura, etc.)

(*Edit* I phrased my post weird, but what I mean to say is basically that I agree with you :laughing )

Quite the change from the stars and scrubs rosters of a few years back. I'll take the under on Segura but otherwise when you think about it just about every position should put up league average or better production (maybe not 1B if they don't get the other side of the platoon figured out).

I also like the WAR projections for the SP lineup: {2, 2, 2, 2, 2}. When you think about it, this team is basically loaded with average players and has two (or three if Braun gets it together) players who are top 3-5 at their position. Doesn't make for an exciting offseason but this looks like a solid team.

Archived