Brewer Fanatic

Brewers to listen on offers for Lohse and Gallardo?

Can someone make sure DM is seeing this? Make a trade for the future dangit. We are not winning a WS with the current roster.

In my opinion: That isn't their top priority. They just want to fill the seats with a pretty good team that has a chance to contend. They are scared that if they trade away name players, attendance will drop

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Red Sox GM Ben Cherington said the club is totally open to acquiring a starter with one year remaining before free agency (such as Lohse and Gallardo).

"I think there's actual some real value in a guy who's not signed long-term, if they fit in the rotation, because it gives you a chance to get to know him and see if it could be a fit...''

More:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-red-sox/sox-willing-acquire-pitchers-headed-free-agency

I read that, but it doesn't make mention of Lohse or Gallardo. What it does mention is 3 pitchers the Reds possess...Which is just great. The one division team that seems headed for more troubling times than Milw would acquire young talent which potentially surpasses Milw's young talent and then brings them to challenge the likes of Chc/Pitts.

Meanwhile in Milw....FAs to be after 2015 will walk and the team has nothing to show from them...if they don't win the Championship this year.

Prices are higher at the trade deadline. Gallardo at least will get a QO.

Only one team will win a championship. Are there any teams that won't have a FA moving on after the season? Which ones shouldn't trade their FAs for whatever they can get?

Formerly AKA Pete

Both the Tigers and Marlins are close to acquiring a starting pitcher. The Marlins specifically are close to acquiring a pitcher with one year of control left. Any chance the Brewers are involved in either of these deals?

9:04am: The Marlins are actually adding a starter via trade, Joe Frisaro of MLB.com tweets. It is a right-handed starter with one year of control remaining, he says.

Trying to not get my hopes up. Who could we want from them? I know nothing about their prospects.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Another strong addition for the Marlins then. Glad he's out of the division, he seemed to be tough to beat when we played against him.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived