Brewer Fanatic

Mariners To Sign Nelson Cruz - 4 years $57 MM

jjgott

Well there goes the Gomez to SEA deal I wanted to see. Dangit. The Mariners might be a fun team to watch this upcoming season. Or they'll be a bust. Either way, fun times in SEA!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well there goes the Gomez to SEA deal I wanted to see. Dangit. The Mariners might be a fun team to watch this upcoming season. Or they'll be a bust. Either way, fun times in SEA!

Not necessarily since they still have an extremely left hand dominant line up and could use an upgrade over Ackley or Saunders. How about trading them Braun?

I predict his power number will take a significant drop in Sea (I know, he had a great year last year so expect a natural decline, anyway) since it seems like while players can hit for a higher average there, their power numbers take a dive. Especially now that power numbers across the league are diminishing. But at the rate the M's signed him for, it doesn't look like too bad of a deal.

I don't see how the Mariners signing a DH/LF takes away the possibility of them trading with us for anybody except Braun or Davis.

Edit: Cruz's home runs last year overlaid to Safeco Field.

http://hittrackeronline.com/overlay/overlay_1417458973_750276298.jpg

Mariners Still Seeking Right Fielder (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/mariners-still-seeking-right-fielder.html)

They believe that Cruz will be their DH. Still in on Kemp, Hunter, & Rios. Man it must be nice to spend, spend, spend.

Seems like they are unwilling to part with any of the SP's, which is smart, because it is was harder to buy pitching.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Seems like they are unwilling to part with any of the SP's, which is smart, because it is was harder to buy pitching.

I think that is changing now. It seems like everyone has pitching except the Cubs and they have quite a few decent options to choose from if they want to buy some. Meanwhile it takes an act of God to get a guy who can competently handle first base. Let alone find one with some power.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The Mariners had a deal on the table for Cruz last year for $7.5 mil and a club option for 2015 at $9 mil before their ownership group scuttled it. That worked out pretty well for Cruz (gets paid big-time this year) and for the Orioles (playoffs and a comp pick for $8mil gamble). Now we'll see which decision was worse by Seattle - paying him now, or not taking a gamble on him last year for peanuts.
Gruber Lawffices

Archived