Brewer Fanatic

2014 Clubhouse Sale (December 5–6)

gbpdc

I for one am pleased at the possibility of getting On Deck tickets just for spending enough at the sale. Given our distance from Milwaukee, I'm not super comfortable committing $ to tickets that we'll have to eat if it's snowy or icy en route that day.

Between Christmas gifts and shopping vicariously for kalle8, it should not be difficult for me to hit $125. Am I right, Kalle? ;)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was not impressed with the pricing on the game used items. Nameplates were a steal as well as some pretty cool signs. But jerseys, bats and helmets were regular price. I saved my money for on deck. And the jersey grab bags were retail jerseys this year. I could have swore that they were always game used.

I'll stop over there after work tonight. Last year I went there with intention to spend on game used stuff, and thought then it was over priced. I started looking around and picking out shirts, etc when I thought to myself "Do I really need another shirt?" put everything back. This year I might see if there is any hats that stand out, outside of that I probably won't get anything.

I went in with the 3 pm group on Thursday. The game used selection was pretty lacking, even at 3. All of the $50 game used jerseys were scooped up by the same person, so I would expect them to be on ebay shortly. Bats were all pretty ridiculously priced as well.

So the sale is advertised for Friday and Saturday, but special accommodations are made for a select few to go through on Thursday and get the best stuff?

That is false advertising. There is now way the good stuff is still left on Friday if the best stuff is already grabbed up on Thursday.

I always expect more from the Brewers but am always let down at their greediness and unwillingness to give everyone the same shot at their goodies.

I work, I'm sure a lot of folks here work, so how can we get there on a Friday during the day?

Whatever...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

We went today on a whim, while driving back home from an overnight stay in Milwaukee. A lot of cool game used stuff, but it was all ridiculously expensive. I probably would have bought a couple shirts for myself, but sadly I'm a large, and those were pretty much all gone. We did get a cap and shirt for our son, though.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

So the sale is advertised for Friday and Saturday, but special accommodations are made for a select few to go through on Thursday and get the best stuff?

That is false advertising. There is now way the good stuff is still left on Friday if the best stuff is already grabbed up on Thursday.

I always expect more from the Brewers but am always let down at their greediness and unwillingness to give everyone the same shot at their goodies.

I work, I'm sure a lot of folks here work, so how can we get there on a Friday during the day?

Season seat holders get the opportunity for the Thursday visit. It's another perk for their making a SSH commitment to the team. At hawing HQ we always bypass that because of our distance from Milwaukee. We do, however, schedule a day off work for the Friday of the sale every year. We generally arrive around the noon hour and have never come away empty handed. In fact, this year I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of large-size apparel for women. I also found merchandise for kalle8 and a few people on my Christmas list.

How you judge the selection depends on what you consider "the good stuff," of course. Some of the discounts are really only a deal when compared to the items' original high prices; I choose to think of the prices as being knocked down to what they "should" cost away from the ballpark (yet they still tend to be things you can't get elsewhere). It's like a rummage sale in that the selection varies every year. The SO and I regard it as a fun day to get out of town and have a reason to visit Miller Park. I'm dorky enough so I'm literally just happy to be there.

For what it's worth, Brewers Authentics (the folks behind the online auctions at brewers.com, followable on Twitter at @BrewersAuthentics) are having a Clubhouse Sale auction starting Monday morning (12/8), in response to fans who can't get to the clubhouse sale and wish they had a chance at the merchandise. Their tweets suggest that the bids for at least some merchandise will start at $1.00.

Frankly, I think the Brewers do a pretty fair job of listening to and trying to accommodate outstate fans, in many ways. I count myself among that group and feel plenty accommodated overall.

The coolest "used" items I found were the signs hanging in the clubhouse throughout the season. I have all the jerseys that were priced decent. I wanted the homeplate but at 4,000 i had to pass. Hopefully the online auction will be better.

• 2 weeks later...
did anyone do the jersey grab bag? I didn't like the concept, but was curious about what kind of jerseys they had in them. One of the benefits of liking scrub players is finding a cheap gem among the game worns (picked up a $50 Gwynn batting practice jersey a few years ago). Not possible if they're all in the grab bags.

did anyone do the jersey grab bag? I didn't like the concept, but was curious about what kind of jerseys they had in them. One of the benefits of liking scrub players is finding a cheap gem among the game worns (picked up a $50 Gwynn batting practice jersey a few years ago). Not possible if they're all in the grab bags.

I'd have considered it if the grab bags had at least had the sizes marked on them. I'm willing to take a chance on a has-been/barely-was name, but if it's a really huge or really small size, I wouldn't be able to wear it.

towards the end of the season the brewers had a jersey rummage sale, tons of spring training / 25th man fodder. Think Bronswell Patrick. I was able to get #22 retro Logan Shafer bp jersey, which now looks like garza one with no name on the back. There were tons left, I think that this was the basis for the jersey grab bag.

My friend and I each bought one of the grab bag jerseys, the sizes were on the sticker on the bag.

We bought the last two XXL grab bags and both got white Rickie Weeks jerseys. They were replicas.

I thought $75 was a little much for replica jerseys, especially when the player is no longer with the team. I thought the On Deck ticket promo was for the Clubhouse sale so thinking that I'd get the tickets pushed me over the edge into buying one, so that was a bummer, I should have asked more questions, but it is what it is.

I was able to get a used Wily Peralta BP hat for $45, which I am still very happy about (especially when I saw the same hat sells in the Team Store for $42)

Archived