Brewer Fanatic

Transaction Trees in search of the longest tree for each team

endaround

richie sexson came to mind. i had to look this up: pat listach brought bob wickman, and the club later got richie sexson for bob wickman. sexson brought craig counsell and lyle overbay. lyle overbay brought dave bush, and opened the first base job to prince fielder. (obviously, additional players were included in these transactions, but there were the players of significance.)

I had that same difficulty. But that was pretty interesting. I remember when Terry Leach (the guy at the start of the 2nd longest tree) and Tim Leary were both much-heralded kids coming up with the Mets. Funny that many years later, Leary was a Brewer & Leach ended up on a WS-winning Twins team. Then something like that repeated itself with the Pulsipher-Isringhausen era (who was the 3rd big-time young guy in that trio?) when Isringhausen lasted forever and Pulsipher has a stint with the Brewers.

Archived