Brewer Fanatic

2015 lineup

MVP2110
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I'm ok with Gennett being down in the lineup. Sucks vs. lefties and doesnt have the pop Davis does.

Gomez

Lucroy

Braun

Lind

Davis

Ramirez

Gennett

Segura

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Meh, I'm ok with Gennett being down in the lineup. Sucks vs. lefties and doesnt have the pop Davis does.

Gomez

Lucroy

Braun

Lind

Davis

Ramirez

Gennett

Segura

I just am unsure if Luc's best spot is the 2 hole. He just seems so clutch in the 5. I guess I am up and down on Davis. Yes he has pop but he is streaky and has a low OBP. This is a trying year for him, if he hits well, I have no problem putting him in the 5 hole. But if his OBP stays low, he needs to stay down in the order. And with how Segura has started the season, I have no problem with bumping him out of the 8 hole.

If Segura hits and continues to walk a little bit I could see something like this being the best we have:

Gomez

Segura

Braun

Lind

Lucroy

Davis

Ramirez

Gennett

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

As they say... rearranging chairs on the Titanic

Gomez proves he works there

Lucroy double machine after a speedster

Braun our hero

Lind best batter

Davis more pop than ARAM now

Ramirez naturally falls to here

Gennett

Segura if segura has discipline to walk in front of pitcher, leave him

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I thought yesterday's shakeup was quality. It was nice to see C. Gomez have a nice night batting cleanup. His '13 and '14 splits vs. LHP are fine, maybe we'll see more of him in the 4 spot vs. LHP at least, even if CC plans to generally put Lind there.

• 3 weeks later...

Thoughts on batting the P 8th lately? I had the Cubs game on last night as ESPN guys babbled about how genius Madden is for doing it. IMO, there is no logical and/or statistical reason to ever do it. Anything gained by 'having another leadoff' is easily negated by the P coming up earlier in more chances with runners on. Moreover, if you want the extra leadoff just put the guy leadoff and be done with it, move everyone else down one spot. It's that simple.

If I recall it actually hurt on Monday afternoon. I think the P came up with bases loaded (maybe 2nd and 3rd) with 1 out. Ramirez was on 3rd so couldn't squeeze. P gets out and then Sardinas or whoever was 9th ends it.

I never got the pitcher hitting 8th. I was going to mention this but I was hoping my box score was incorrect. Seems like one of those too cute moves that at best doesnt matter, at worst kills rallys.

How about we actually work the count and swing at hitters pitches instead of sliders in the dirt?

Segura had been doing well at leadoff and Gomez came through a few times batting cleanup. Then yesterday Segura back to the bottom and Gomez to leadoff. I hate wasting Gomez's power at leadoff and also with his brutal baserunning I hate him running into outs while Braun(or whoever in the middle) is at the plate. I really want Segura given every shot to get back to what he was and the best way to do that is to give him 3-4 weeks at the top and see how he does.

Thoughts on batting the P 8th lately? I had the Cubs game on last night as ESPN guys babbled about how genius Madden is for doing it. IMO, there is no logical and/or statistical reason to ever do it. Anything gained by 'having another leadoff' is easily negated by the P coming up earlier in more chances with runners on. Moreover, if you want the extra leadoff just put the guy leadoff and be done with it, move everyone else down one spot. It's that simple.

If I recall it actually hurt on Monday afternoon. I think the P came up with bases loaded (maybe 2nd and 3rd) with 1 out. Ramirez was on 3rd so couldn't squeeze. P gets out and then Sardinas or whoever was 9th ends it.

You'll remember every time it hurts.

It actually has a positive effect as the #8 hitter comes up the second most with 2 outs and no one on over the course of a season (the #3 hitter being the most). The benefit isn't huge, but it's 5 or so runs over a full season.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• 1 month later...
Parra is a decent leadoff hitter. He gets on base a lot and has some power. I'm almost sorry to see Davis return to the lineup because that will sit Parra down and put Go-Go back to lead off.

Parra is a decent leadoff hitter. He gets on base a lot and has some power. I'm almost sorry to see Davis return to the lineup because that will sit Parra down and put Go-Go back to lead off.

There's no reason not to play Parra everyday, or at least vs. RHP, until he gets traded. Davis can go back to playing everyday after that.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Parra only seems like a good leadoff hitter because he is playing over his head. His .350 BABIP is much higher than his career norm. Once he comes back down to earth his OBP will be something like .310. He also sports a 17% strikeout rate and just a 5.5% walk rate.

He will still be a nice add for a contending team, but I don't think any team will be looking at him to fill their lead off problem.

• 1 month later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was at the game on Tuesday night and that lineup minus Braun looked like the Sky Sox were playing the Cubs.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived