Brewer Fanatic

2015 lineup

MVP2110
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, a Fun post to create havoc....I'm late to the party.

Honestly, I cant figure out a lineup for this team. Especially when we don't know Braun's Thumb problem/solution. If Braun is back to .850+ OPS .280+AVG hitting, I'd assume he just sits in the #3 spot.

But, if his thumb isn't fixed, I could see him batting 2nd vs RHP and 1st vs LHP.

You have Lind bat where vs RHP? Do you play Lucroy vs LHP at 1b? Kind of stuff to learn in ST.

Sardinas or Gomez? Who plays for Segura? Who oddly had a .511OPS vs LHP.

Gennett vs RHP Leadoff I assume. Vs LHP does he play? OR with Sardinas or H.Gomez as a platoon situation, do you bat them 1st or 2nd?

Considering Carlos Gomez' Splits last season, he'd fit 1st nicely vs any SP. Or 2nd. Maybe even just fills 3rd if Braun is batted 1st/2nd.

Khris Davis seems like a perfect #6 hitter.

Aram had huge splits vs Lefties and not so much Righties. So do you bat him 4th vs LHP and Lind 4th vs RHP?

Lucroy would make an excellent #2 in the lineup everyday based on his makeup.

So: Kinda a feeler:

Vs RHP: Easier

1. Gennett

2. Gomez

3. Braun

4. Lind

5. Lucroy

6. ARam

7. Davis/Parra

8. Segura/Sardinas/Gomez

Vs. LHP

1. Gomez

2. Lucroy

3. Braun

4. ARam

5. Khris Davis

6. Lind? or Maldonado if Lucroy plays 1b.

7. Gennett/Sardinas/H.Gomez

8. Segura

Thats under the current thinking. So much to see with ST how they set lineups up. How Sardinas/Segura/Gomez bat.

I don't know what to think on ARam. Does he own the #4 spot if an Adam Lind vs RHP is in the lineup and ARam's splits vs that type are far exceeded by Lind?

I believe the lineup is just going to playing matchups with Gomez/Braun/Lucroy owning places in an order the most. Davis too. How the team bats Lind will clear this up some.

All these lineups look pretty potent to me. It seems like no matter how they are arranged, someone should be higher.

I wonder if Luis Jimenez will get time at first as well as Lucroy. He hasn't been hitting much in Winter league ball, but he's been walking some. I know DM the GM seemed jazzed by the possibility of him being decent at 3rd and at least he's supposed to have a good glove.

Formerly AKA Pete

I do not think RR has ever implemented a vs LHP and vs RHP lineup. He loves the consistency and the relaxed atmosphere a stable lineup brings. Since Lucroy hit so many doubles, I will ask who is the best base runner (fastest). So, I think we will end up...

Gomez, Lucroy, Braun, ARAM, Lind, Davis, Gennett, Segura

The wrinkle will be when a leftie pitches, Lind is out, and all move up a spot and Maldonado hits eight; but still the guys are comfy, as the batters before and after them are the same

Gomez, Lucroy, Braun, ARAM, Davis, Gennett, Segura, Maldonado

Vs. RHP

1. Gennett

2. Lucroy

3. Braun

4. Lind

5. Gomez

6. Aram

7. Davis (Parra at times)

8. Segura

Vs. LHP

1. Gennett

2. Lucroy

3. Braun

4. Gomez

5. Aram

6. Davis

7. Maldonado

8. Segura (Gomez at times)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Anyone who thinks Ramirez won't be hitting in the 4 spot is crazy. That is his spot and Ron will not move him from it unless he is on the DL.

Oh boy what a lineup when your cleanup hitter is coming off a year where he hit 15 HR (4 from July 1st on) and drove in 66 runs (26 from July 1 on). That kind of production screams cleanup hitter. Not.

I will say Ramirez is getting paid like a cleanup hitter, but I'm not real confident he can produce like one any more.

Anyone who thinks Ramirez won't be hitting in the 4 spot is crazy. That is his spot and Ron will not move him from it unless he is on the DL.

Oh boy what a lineup when your cleanup hitter is coming off a year where he hit 15 HR (4 from July 1st on) and drove in 66 runs (26 from July 1 on). That kind of production screams cleanup hitter. Not.

I will say Ramirez is getting paid like a cleanup hitter, but I'm not real confident he can produce like one any more.

I would love to depend on Gennett, Lucroy, Braun, Lind and Gomez as our "heart" of the order and have them deliver because I still feel Aram has something in the tank and out of the 6 hole, he could be really productive for us. A guy that hits .280-.300 batting 6th? I'll take that any day.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would love to depend on Gennett, Lucroy, Braun, Lind and Gomez as our "heart" of the order and have them deliver because I still feel Aram has something in the tank and out of the 6 hole, he could be really productive for us. A guy that hits .280-.300 batting 6th? I'll take that any day.

I definitely agree with this... Aramis is perfect in the 6th spot.

It is really hard to know what Ramirez we will get so my guess would be he starts off #4. 2013 Ramirez was perfectly acceptable batting 4th, first half of 2014 was right in line with that. 2nd half of 2014 was dreadful. There is no way to know which Braun is going to show up either. This whole roster is just so hard to judge everywhere. I could see them winning 70 or 90 just based on which of the past 2 seasons shows up for each player.

Also I still don't get why people worry about strike outs in a leadoff hitter. That is the spot in the order it hurts you the least since there is almost never anyone on base. Obviously it is harder to be a high OBP guy with a ton of strike outs but this is a team lacking in OBP all around.

Gonna guess we go with some fast guy leading off, a good average guy batting 2nd and some combo of Lucroy/Braun/Ramirez in the middle. Yeah it is vague but this lineup doesn't really lend itself to any easy flow.

It is really hard to know what Ramirez we will get so my guess would be he starts off #4. 2013 Ramirez was perfectly acceptable batting 4th, first half of 2014 was right in line with that. 2nd half of 2014 was dreadful. There is no way to know which Braun is going to show up either. This whole roster is just so hard to judge everywhere. I could see them winning 70 or 90 just based on which of the past 2 seasons shows up for each player.

Also I still don't get why people worry about strike outs in a leadoff hitter. That is the spot in the order it hurts you the least since there is almost never anyone on base. Obviously it is harder to be a high OBP guy with a ton of strike outs but this is a team lacking in OBP all around.

Gonna guess we go with some fast guy leading off, a good average guy batting 2nd and some combo of Lucroy/Braun/Ramirez in the middle. Yeah it is vague but this lineup doesn't really lend itself to any easy flow.

The problem with batting Ramirez 4th, besides the fact that he's no longer much of a power source, is that he simply cannot run. You really don't want a guy who can't score from 1st on a double batting in front of doubles machines like Lucroy (53), Lind, (24 in 318 PA) or Davis (37). That's taking runs off the board. He should hit 7th where his singles will be productive and ahead of only Segura, who's not counted on to be a run producer.

Lind should hit 5th, Davis 6th and Ramirez 7th against RHP. Against lefties, move Ramirez up one spot to 6th and let Maldonado hit 7th. Flip/flop Gennett and Segura. The top 4 vs RHP should be Gennett, Lucroy, Braun and Gomez in whatever order.

That is a fair opinion JohnBriggs12 but I was talking more about what they will actually do than what they should do. Ramirez is in that stage where you can't be sure he isn't still a viable 4th hitter and they almost certainly will give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree with Briggs on Aram not being able to run anymore, was goint to post the exact same thing. It's good problem to have I guess, just hope guys like Lind, Gomez, Davis hit well enough that RR goes with it. Him being an old school guy I can totally see him sticking with Aram at 4 just because though

1. Segura

2. Lucroy

3. Braun

4. Lind

5. Gomez

6. Ramirez

7. Davis

8. Scooter

Flip Segura and Scooter and you might have it.

With the suggestion of Braun hitting leadoff I just wanted to look at the numbers a little closer. If getting on base is the main thing you want, then Lind is you guy. I get that getting on base is the most important thing to do but I still am a believer in there needs to be a core of guys 3-5 that are able to knock in runs. I believe Gomez is one of those guys along with Braun and Lind.

Lineup with AVG's of Last Two Seasons Combined

Gennett (.331obp/.449slg)

Lucroy (.357obp/.460slg)

Braun (.348obp/.476slg *I'm a believe that these will increase with health)

Gomez (his #'s the last two season are incredible. .347 obp/.492 slg)

Lind (.369obp/.488slg *yes those numbers are correct, he can hit!)

Aram (.350obp/.444 slg *numbers are close to what we may expect, maybe a minor dip)

Davis (.311obp/.487slg *hopefully a slight increase in OBP at least)

Segura (.309obp/.375slg *ick, just ick. Please Sardinias, be good)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Roenicke is talking about Braun and A-Ram in the 3 and 4 slot.

"We'll see how he's (Ramirez) doing and how he's feeling," said Roenicke. "With a guy that can drive in runs like he can, when he's healthy he can still bat cleanup."

But nothing is in stone right now:

"Nothing is set," he said. "I have an idea where I think I want guys to be. We'll see what it looks like and talk to guys, and see how healthy guys are. Then we'll put the lineup together and put it out there and see how it looks.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/ron-roenicke-has-options-with-brewers-lineup-b99450595z1-293775621.html

Lineup projection from the Brewers Season Preview on Banished to the Pen. Thought this was one of the more likely projections I've seen, albeit not exactly the most balanced.

[pre]V RHP V LHP

Carlos Gomez – CF Carlos Gomez – CF

Jonathan Lucroy – C Jonathan Lucroy – 1B

Ryan Braun – RF Ryan Braun - RF

Adam Lind – 1B Aramis Ramirez – 3B

Aramis Ramirez – 3B Khris Davis – LF

Scooter Gennett – 2B Martin Maldonado – C

Gerardo Parra – LF Jean Segura – SS

Jean Segura – SS Luis Sardinas – 2B[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Lineup projection from the Brewers Season Preview on Banished to the Pen. Thought this was one of the more likely projections I've seen, albeit not exactly the most balanced.

[pre]V RHP V LHP

Carlos Gomez – CF Carlos Gomez – CF

Jonathan Lucroy – C Jonathan Lucroy – 1B

Ryan Braun – RF Ryan Braun - RF

Adam Lind – 1B Aramis Ramirez – 3B

Aramis Ramirez – 3B Khris Davis – LF

Scooter Gennett – 2B Martin Maldonado – C

Gerardo Parra – LF Jean Segura – SS

Jean Segura – SS Luis Sardinas – 2B[/pre]

That's a dang good offense

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

With the suggestion of Braun hitting leadoff I just wanted to look at the numbers a little closer. If getting on base is the main thing you want, then Lind is you guy. I get that getting on base is the most important thing to do but I still am a believer in there needs to be a core of guys 3-5 that are able to knock in runs. I believe Gomez is one of those guys along with Braun and Lind.

Lineup with AVG's of Last Two Seasons Combined

Gennett (.331obp/.449slg)

Lucroy (.357obp/.460slg)

Braun (.348obp/.476slg *I'm a believe that these will increase with health)

Gomez (his #'s the last two season are incredible. .347 obp/.492 slg)

Lind (.369obp/.488slg *yes those numbers are correct, he can hit!)

Aram (.350obp/.444 slg *numbers are close to what we may expect, maybe a minor dip)

Davis (.311obp/.487slg *hopefully a slight increase in OBP at least)

Segura (.309obp/.375slg *ick, just ick. Please Sardinias, be good)

Ramirez slugged .376 from July 1 on last year and only walked 10 times in that stretch. I'm in the camp that he slumped badly in large part because he's hit the wall. I expect a major dip not a minor one.

Archived