Brewer Fanatic

New TV questions (home theater systems)

RobDeer 45
Well I dove in and increased my limit on my Best Buy card! It was stressful! Bought a 4k Sony Bravia and a Sonos Sound Bar. I hope to someday add the sub and surround speakers. I'm super happy with it so far!!! The picture on a Blu Ray is out of this world. Really really love it.

I then bought a receiver for up stairs, a front speaker to go with the built ins. Seems pretty good so far. Nothing crazy, just basic, but I'm really happy to finally have my turntable hooked up to real speakers.

Thank you Best Buy for 24 months of free money!!

Congrats on your purchase. Make sure to calibrate your Sony's picture, if you haven't already. You should be able to find reliable setting suggestions online through a Google search. A lot of TVs come out of the box with the contrast setting all jacked up, etc.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yes, party over here!! Ha.

So finally had some time to mess around with the picture and I think I have something to work with. I still think it needs some tweaking. Having a hard time finding many people giving their best settings online. The TV is truly giving me more appreciation for movies I've seen several times. Looking forward to some 4k content on Amazon! Well that and the Brewers of course!

There are DVDs you can buy that assist in calibrating a tv.

I've got a bad habit of watching a bit of movies I like if I come across them while surfing around the channels and I've tried to stop so I can give them a watch when I upgrade my setup.

I think there are pretty inexpensive cameras that do 4K now. It'd be fun to show your own content.

Formerly AKA Pete

Archived