Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Post Game concert series

patrickgpe

http://brewers.mlblogs.com/2014/11/12/brewers-postgame-concert-series-presented-by-miller-lite-set-for-2015/

will be interesting to see who the brewers bring in.

I know the admirals have great success with that but really only focuses on country music and older rock bands. The brewers should have more punch to bring in larger acts. We should find out later this month.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the thing that is odd is that these games the brewers should be able to draw 40K+ without any promotions as Saturday nights during the summer always sell out. Its hard to find an act that even half the crowd would want to stick around for as there are so many different tastes in music. The bands that would appeal me wouldn't for probably 80-90% of the rest of the crowd.

the thing that is odd is that these games the brewers should be able to draw 40K+ without any promotions as Saturday nights during the summer always sell out.

I feel the same thing about bobbleheads always being on Sundays. Sundays usually draw pretty good crowds anyways. Never understand why they don't do more handouts (or any handouts?) on weekdays.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Where are these concerts going to take place? Haven't the few concerts they've had destroyed the field?

good point, i don't see how they could do them in CF and have the field ready for play the next afternoon.

I also wonder how long it would take to set up the stage for this concert after the game.

The Nashville Sounds had many postgame concerts, so I am sure there is a way to do it, will be interesting to see how it is done.

I went to one of these post games concerts a number of years back; I think it was Randy Travis. I thought it sucked but that had more to do with it being Randy Travis than anything. I would guess maybe 10,000 or 15,000 people stuck around to watch it. I have no recollection on there year though.

The Texas Rangers had the Turnpike Troubadours after a Friday game in July, the stage might have taken 20 minutes after the game ended to set up. They put it out just past 2nd base, some people were allowed on the infield to get up to the stage(think those tickets were like $10 or so extra on top of the game ticket), and all seats were first come first serve on the field level after the game.

Also, the next night the Astros had Jason Derulo, but they set up the stage a bit differently. The stage was right along the first base line, and if I remember correctly, the stage was actually on the home plate side of 1b, and again seats were first come first serve down on the field level once the game was over. Again, it was roughly 20 minutes after the game for the concert to start.

the thing that is odd is that these games the brewers should be able to draw 40K+ without any promotions as Saturday nights during the summer always sell out.

I feel the same thing about bobbleheads always being on Sundays. Sundays usually draw pretty good crowds anyways. Never understand why they don't do more handouts (or any handouts?) on weekdays.

Weekday/weeknight giveaways would mostly shut out fans from outside southeast Wisconsin (except for devoted weirdos like the hawing household. ;) ).

I too wondered if Mark Attanasio's son's band might make an appearance, assuming he still is in a band.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I looked up who the Rays had last season, they featured Carly Rae Jepson, Martina McBride, and Imagination Movers. I can't say I heard of Imagination Movers (I am assuming they are a new alternative band) but this is the level of talent / fame I would expect the brewers could / would get.

they are not going to bring paramore in to play, its going to be a handful of washed up 90's rock bands, one classic rock band and either an old R&B group or a second tier country group. Paramore is so enormous right now, nothing against baseball, but as a former concert promoter, I can tell you that a group on their level will demand far to much money to make any sense after a baseball game.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

My guess is that there will be a big buzz that it will be either the Rolling Stones or Springsteen and it will end up just being Elton John and Kid Rock.

Haha...yeah, that Harley concert thing was pretty crazy with all the speculation.

I agree we'll probably see one older classic rock act, some kind of country artist, and maybe a younger alternative band. I hope it's not just some local group like the BoDeans (as someone referenced earlier), no offense to them.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The Diamondbacks have been doing this for a few years..its mostly B list singers/bands such as Trace Adkins, Roger Cline and the Peacemakers, Jessica Simpson as well as The Wiggles.... (yes, those Wiggles). So i wouldn't get too excited about any big names
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived