Brewer Fanatic

Watching Brewers on Direct tv?

FmcG

Hello everyone I'm new to the board.

I live in northern Wisconsin (Hayward area) and currently watch the Brewers on Dish Network. I was thinking of switching to Direct tv, but wanted to make sure I can still watch my Brewers. I've heard conflicting things regarding whether or not the Brewers are broadcast on Direct tv the same way they are on Dish, and talking to the reps at Direct tv has been less than helpful.

I was hoping there might be other Brewer fans in northern Wisconsin on this board, who have Direct tv, than can answer my question.

Thanks everyone, I've really been enjoying reading this board so far.

Forrest

Hello everyone I'm new to the board.

I live in northern Wisconsin (Hayward area) and currently watch the Brewers on Dish Network. I was thinking of switching to Direct tv, but wanted to make sure I can still watch my Brewers. I've heard conflicting things regarding whether or not the Brewers are broadcast on Direct tv the same way they are on Dish, and talking to the reps at Direct tv has been less than helpful.

I was hoping there might be other Brewer fans in northern Wisconsin on this board, who have Direct tv, than can answer my question.

Thanks everyone, I've really been enjoying reading this board so far.

Forrest

Well I am more Wausau way, I have directv and the Brewers are on. I do have the package where you basically get everything except the movie channels. I'm sure if you just get the basic package you probably wouldn't get Fox Sports nonetheless Fox Wisconsin (brewers, bucks). So probably not much help.

Well I am more Wausau way, I have directv and the Brewers are on. I do have the package where you basically get everything except the movie channels. I'm sure if you just get the basic package you probably wouldn't get Fox Sports nonetheless Fox Wisconsin (brewers, bucks). So probably not much help.

Thanks, that's kind of what I wanted to know. That sounds like it is pretty much the same as Dish then. I also have an expanded package (no movie channels). Up by me I get Fox Sports "North" full time, which is Minnesota sports oriented, but during Brewers games Fox Sports Wisconsin comes on and I get to see the games. I can't imagine there would be much difference between Wausau and Hayward, but I could be wrong. I'll see if anyone else chimes in as well.

My in-laws have a cabin (well, it's more of a trailer home, but I digress) not far from Hayward in the Solon Springs/Barnes area. They'll go to bars to watch the Brewers games, and I believe they use DirecTV. They are considered to be in the Duluth/Superior TV market, so they have access to both FSN-North (Minnesota Twins) and FSN-Wisconsin (Brewers).

In any event, I would be surprised if your FSN options would change at all between Dish & DirecTV.

Gruber Lawffices

My parents are just north of Solon Springs and get the Brewers on Direct TV. I think you just need to make sure you will have FSN-WI in the package.

Just north of Solon Springs? Other than Superior(where I lived for 30 years), there's not much north of Solon Springs. But yes, even in Superior DirecTV worked like a charm and I was able to get every Brewers game.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived