Brewer Fanatic

Other moves??

DHonks
Zimmerman has a big contract. The shoulder that means he can't play 3B could eventually affect him at the plate. Desmond has one season left I believe and wants a big contract.
Formerly AKA Pete

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Zimmermann is being discussed here. He's a pitcher. Not Ryan Zimmerman.

My mistake - distracted posting. If they wanted Jordan, they probably should have drafted him. I'd guess he'll get 6 years at something like 20 million/year.

Formerly AKA Pete

I'd be all for acquiring Profar, though I doubt TEX would let him go at a buy-low price. I certainly wouldn't want to pay a king's ransom for him.

For the 2B/SS/IF utility role, does anyone know much about Brandon Hicks? Over his past four seasons in MiLB, he's shown very favorable splits against LHPs. I admittedly know nothing about his defensive abilities. And he hasn't been a high-AVG type of hitter in the minors, though he does have some pop, so he might be a Kottaras-esque type of option, albeit to face LHPs.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Forgive me, but I can't even begin to imagine Corey Hart ever playing in the outfield again. His knees are shot, he is now older, and his health is a major issue from here on out. To be honest, I want no part of him returning as a Brewer.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Other moves?

Look no further than the man below. Can platoon at 1B or 2B and back up SS, 3B, plus DH and PH. Gets lots of extended playing time when A-Ram gets hurt or Segura struggles. I bet he can play OF as well as he plays SS if we give him a try.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/6218.png&w=350&h=254

The Royals are making Omar Infante available, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports.

He's owed a ton of money but if the royals pick up a chunk this could be the bench guy we need

Doesn't really help a ton against LHP for 2B. His splits are pretty much even but his OBP isn't great. Although I do like his flexibility on defense, I just don't see it with the money he is owed. ($7-10 mil per year)

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Vs Left he's got a .273/.311/.412 That's plenty good as a platoon

OBP is too low for me and paying him as much as we are paying Carlos Gomez is way too much cash for me. We can find a cheaper platoon mate that can put up similar numbers. No thank you

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Reports say Jordan Zimmerman is available if trade makes sense...

Man I would love the Brewers to acquire Jordan to be our Ace... But I know it's gonna cost a ton.

What would we have to give up to get Zimmerman and Ian Desmond away from Washington?

Gallardo or Lohse/Segura/??/??

I'm guessing that would take Gallardo AND Lohse AND Segura AND another.

:laughing lol :laughing

Not to mention 20mil to pay for Gallardo_Lohse in that Fleecing of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...
Other moves?

Look no further than the man below. Can platoon at 1B or 2B and back up SS, 3B, plus DH and PH. Gets lots of extended playing time when A-Ram gets hurt or Segura struggles. I bet he can play OF as well as he plays SS if we give him a try.

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/mlb/players/full/6218.png&w=350&h=254

I like this idea a lot. If we can somehow land him - Crown Us!

Now that the Marlins have stocked up on RH bats with Morse and Prado, Brewers should try and get Jeff Baker from them. Baker is a proven hitter vs. lefties with a career .868 OPS against them, and he can play 3B, 2B and 1B. He is under contract for a modest $2.1 million for 2015.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Now that the Marlins have stocked up on RH bats with Morse and Prado, Brewers should try and get Jeff Baker from them. Baker is a proven hitter vs. lefties with a career .868 OPS against them, and he can play 3B, 2B and 1B. He is under contract for a modest $2.1 million for 2015.

The guy has pounded lefties the last couple of years. He can play OF as well. I don't think he's anything great as a defender, but as a platoon guy, he would fit pretty well.

The guy has pounded lefties the last couple of years. He can play OF as well. I don't think he's anything great as a defender, but as a platoon guy, he would fit pretty well.

He's known to me as "Rainmaker Baker!" because it seemed like anytime I looked when he was in Texas he was mashing a lefty for a HR.

What about trading for Quentin? He's coming off a down year (.599 OPS) but holds a career (.831 OPS). He is owed $8M in 2015 and has a $3M buyout in 2016. The Padres need to move someone since they now have JUpton, Myers, Kemp, Smith, and Maybin to go along with Quentin. If the Parders would cover $7M of his remaining salary ($5M) and buyout ($2M) I would be interested in acquiring him to back up the both corners.

Archived