Brewer Fanatic

Reds decline option on Ryan Ludwick

JohnBriggs12
Ludwick had a similar deal to Ramirez, only his option was $4.5 million which was half what his salary would have been. Still Reds still decided to save the extra $4.5 million they would have had to pay a player with diminishing skills. Ramirez' decline hasn't been quite so obvious numbers wise yet but if you look at his second half, it's there.

Ryan Ludwick

2013 - .240 .293 .326 .618

2014 - .244 .308 .375 .683

Aramis Ramirez 2nd half of 2014: .283 / .323 / .392 / .715

Aramis is declining from the point where his power numbers are down and he shouldn't be a top 4 hitter. He is really more of a 5 or 6 where he can bat with 2 outs. Last year with 2 outs he hit: .310 / .363 / .484 / .847. His power numbers are not going to get better, but the guy can still hit.

Ryan Ludwick

2013 - .240 .293 .326 .618

2014 - .244 .308 .375 .683

Aramis Ramirez 2nd half of 2014: .283 / .323 / .392 / .715

Aramis is declining from the point where his power numbers are down and he shouldn't be a top 4 hitter. He is really more of a 5 or 6 where he can bat with 2 outs. Last year with 2 outs he hit: .310 / .363 / .484 / .847. His power numbers are not going to get better, but the guy can still hit.

True this is why I believe MA and DM will go after LaRoche. He can slide into the #4 spot while A-ram slides down to #5 or #6 if Gennett bats either first or second next season. Personally, I don't want our offense to be dependant on two aging veterans as key contributors next season. I prefer to let Ramirez walk and sign LaRoche.

I'm sorry, I love Lucroy but im not going to bank on the season he had this past year. We need to find some power bats in our 3-5 holes
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think Ramirez as a #6 hitter would be pretty solid Gomez/Gennett/Braun/Lucroy/LaRoche/Ramirez/Davis/Segura seems like a really good lineup.

Uggg no.

Lucroy should be the #2 hitter and Gennett shouldn't bat any higher than the 7th spot in the lineup.

Gomez in the 5 hole would be perfect. Free swinger that can hit some bombs.

Gennett

Lucroy

Braun

(new power hitting 1B- LaRoche? lol, I dont know)

Gomez

Davis

(new 3B)

Segura

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Putting Gomez in the 5 spot allows him to utilize all of his strengths. He can drive in runs with his power and cause havoc on the base paths with his speed. This will hopefully provide more RBI opportunities for our 3B (whoever that may be) and Davis.

Archived