Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy and Parra Gold Glove Finalists

adamb100

Hopefully Lucroy can win one of these someday but he's going to have to wait until Molina is done. He's just better.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I hope Lucroy wins just to see Card fans heads explode. Molina is a great one not doubt but Lucroy is as good in most areas, worse in one and better in another so I think it's fair to put them both in the same conversation.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati Reds), Juan Lagares (New York Mets), Denard Span (Washington Nationals)

wow, no McCutchen or Gomez?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Billy Hamilton (Cincinnati Reds), Juan Lagares (New York Mets), Denard Span (Washington Nationals)

In a way that isn't a bad thing. At least winning it in the past isn't the usual rubber stamp it used to be. It might be because I watched fewer games than I listened to this season but I don't think he had his usual, Gomez level, year on defense. I would take him in a heartbeat over anyone else going forward but I can see how one of the others might have had a better year this year. McCutchen I always felt was over rated on defense. He's very good but not in the same class as Gomez.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I don't know the stats but by observation didn't it appear that Gomez didn't play as well defensively as he did the year before?

Agree. By the eye test only he wasn't the run-saving, black hole...Gold Glover that he was last year. Still very good.

In a way that isn't a bad thing. At least winning it in the past isn't the usual rubber stamp it used to be. It might be because I watched fewer games than I listened to this season but I don't think he had his usual, Gomez level, year on defense. I would take him in a heartbeat over anyone else going forward but I can see how one of the others might have had a better year this year. McCutchen I always felt was over rated on defense. He's very good but not in the same class as Gomez.

yeah, that was more of my surprise, that neither of the last two gold glovers were given the ol' rubber stampage. McCutchen is, imo, the 3rd best fielder on that Pirates OF with Polanco and Marte out there with him. Polanco is insane, he seemed a little lost in RF, but he's a natural out in CF, where he'll never play because of Cutch.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I don't know the stats but by observation didn't it appear that Gomez didn't play as well defensively as he did the year before?

Agree. By the eye test only he wasn't the run-saving, black hole...Gold Glover that he was last year. Still very good.

Eye test and anecdotal evidence, but I don't remember Gomez bringing back nearly as many home runs in 2014 as he did in 2013.

Archived