Brewer Fanatic

As many as 13 bobbleheads? and a STH Lucroy in 2015

Dean Machine

The season ticket renewals came and one of the perks offered was a free set of the 13 all fan giveaway Sundays. They didn't call them bobbleheads, just all fan give-aways, but they are having a seperate t-shirt Friday all season long so there may be as many as 13 bobbleheads. This is starting to get out of hand. The shelves in my basement are being filled faster than I can build them :) Hopefully they get some of the older players such as Teddy, Deer, Vaughn, etc.

There will also be a Lucroy in his All Star Uniform for season ticket holders.

*sigh*

In 2015 there will be 11 from the T-Rats and 14 from the Brewers? (T-Rats have announced 10, but that doesn't include the opening day bobble, which they have now done since 2009...)

That doesn't even take into account that there will probably be some retro versions of some of them, with no warning ahead of time or explanation as to how many retros are being distributed.

Ridiculous.

The casual fans don't care about the bobbles anymore. They used to be a draw, even from those that don't collect them all, now they give out so many, I don't think the typical fan gives a rip any longer... There isn't even much demand on ebay for them, they sell dirt cheap. So cheap that collectors don't even feel they have to attend the games any longer, they are just so easy to get.

It's too bad really, but this is the exact thing that will kill the hobby with over-saturation.

I hope there isn't another Hank the Dog version, that one is so pathetically lame as it is, we don't need another one.

Lucroy STH.

Brat is a given to complete the 3rd set of sausage bobbles.

Peralta, Davis, Garza are also locks...

Fiers??

If they sign a 1B like LaRoche, he'll get one.

I doubt they keep K-Rod, but if they do, he'll finally get one.

After that it's a crap shoot.

and don't forget the stitch -n- pitch brat as well...

I too would like to see some of the classic guys get one.

Nieves to honor our only no-hitter, Teddy H., even Ted Simmons never got a full sized bobble... Deer, Vaughn, Sixto are others I'd like to see.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

If you look at the schedule on the Season Ticket renewal page (likely not accessable to non-ticket holders), it indicates that 11 of the 13 Sunday all-fan giveaways are going to be bobbleheads.

Edit: Here's a link to a pdf of the schedule: http://brewers.brochure-mlb.com/2015/images/schedule.pdf

I do like the fact that the Brewers are offering, as an incentive to 20-game package holders to pay-in-full early, the option of choosing to receive a complimentary set of all 13 Sunday All-Fan Giveaway items. The other option, which is $25 in food/beverage vouchers for each seat in the package, is a really good deal, too. I'll probably go with the giveaway set, just to potentially open up a Sunday or two that may have been previously dedicated to going to a game to feed my bobblehead addiction.

The casual fans don't care about the bobbles anymore. They used to be a draw, even from those that don't collect them all, now they give out so many, I don't think the typical fan gives a rip any longer... There isn't even much demand on ebay for them, they sell dirt cheap. So cheap that collectors don't even feel they have to attend the games any longer, they are just so easy to get.

If the casual fans "don't care", then how come those games always sell out (or at least come close)? Teams have never been offering these promos to please "collectors" anyway.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Bobble games do not "always" sell out on a regular basis like they used to. Some bobbles generate more interest than others (Hank the Dog, Yount, etc.) but if you have paid attention to the past 2 or 3 years, there were games where they had 10,000 or more bobbles go unclaimed.

Bobble games are not automatic sell outs like in the past, not even close.

"Casual" fans don't want a George Scott bobblehead, so that game doesn't sell out. If they do another Carlos Gomez, it'll be packed. So it goes. I don't necessarily think it's the fact that they have too many, it's just that the past couple years have featured some bobbles with less than broad appeal (Henderson, Scott, Pilots Thomas, Oglive come to mind).

In any case, I used to wish they'd just do away with the bobbles altogether. But I've come to the realization that if they can pack the stadium for games and dump the cost of production on a sponsor, I don't see the harm. All goes into the piggy bank to help field better teams.

If they have to do bobbles that fans don't care about, then in my opinion, they are doing too many...

Why not just do 6 that they know will draw big interest, instead of 10 or 12 that there will be lukewarm interest in?

Why not just do 6 that they know will draw big interest, instead of 10 or 12 that there will be lukewarm interest in?

Do you really need an answer to that? Come on! The 20-30+ thousand extra seats they sell due to the 4-6 extra "lukewarm" interest is probably a reason. They don't care that the bobblehead dates don't sell out any longer. Every bobblehead game you see people walking through the parking lots before the game with bobbleheads in hand, meaning they have already entered and left the stadium. Every bobblehead game you see people entering the stadium using multiple tickets. So the fact is, they sell more tickets to bobblehead games.

If you're the Brewers... would you rather sell 30,000 tickets for a Sunday afternoon? Or would you rather sell 35,000 tickets on a Sunday afternoon at no added cost? I'm sure if you have some, the Brewers would gladly accept your ideas on how to sell 5,000ish extra tickets to Sunday games by not giving away bobbleheads. People aren't going to be drawn to the game for any other giveaway... at least that I can think of.

You also always complain about alternatives... why would the Brewers not do alternatives? If fans know they are out there, they're more likely to buy an extra ticket to try to get both versions. It's no cost to the team... so why not?!

Nothing against you, but reading your posts, constantly complaining about bobbleheads, is exhausting. If I base my thoughts on collecting bobbleheads from your posts, it seems like it is a pretty miserable hobby.

Nothing against you, but reading your posts, constantly complaining about bobbleheads, is exhausting. If I base my thoughts on collecting bobbleheads from your posts, it seems like it is a pretty miserable hobby.

I tend to agree, which is exactly why I got out. It became more work/hassle than fun. I just try to get the couple I like, and not worry about getting them all.

I haven't checked the schedule yet, so maybe this has changed, but if the Brewers were looking to get more people in seats, why not do the giveaways on a Tuesday or Wednesday? Midweek attendance is generally lower than weekend attendance. Then put those giveaways against teams that don't bring as much of a draw, like the Padres, Rockies, etc.

That's just my two cents. I really need to stop chiming in on this same recycled conversation. We all know the Brewers won't be giving away less bobbles, or doing away with alternatives. It might be either time to accept it and enjoy the hobby, or just walk away and save yourself the stress.

I won't be sharing opinions on Brewers bobbles any longer... I guess I thought this was a forum to make comments, and sometimes vent on the hobby, my bad.

For the first time I can remember, the Brewers had HUGE crowds for every bobble game. Granted some of the game choices are odd, such as why hand out a bobble against the Cubs or Yankees, but they handed out vouchers for Jim Henderson for God's sake, a guy that didn't even play this season. In my opinion, bobble prices will somewhat hold for the Brewers now that the back door flooding of cases of extras has been stopped. Last season I was able to buy cases of extras for as little as $1 a bobble. This season, ZERO. The leak at the stadium has been plugged and this will help game attendance for 2015 if collectors want a bobble, they know they have to go to a game or pay more secondary.

I think some complain though because it is no longer fun trying to collect every bobblehead, it is more of a job or a chore. Being a completest can be exhausting. The casual fan still does care about the free bobblehead though. Attendance on a bobble Sunday for the Brewers is about 9,000 greater per game on average than a non bobble Sunday.

That's a good post, Outlander.

I like to collect stuff, but recognize that I can't have it all, and I only buy stuff I really like. So some card sets will go uncompleted, and autograph books will be missing some guys.

It's supposed to be a joyful hobby, not a stressful one.

Archived