Game 4

Saturday, October 25 at San Francisco; 7 PM CDT

Game 5 (if necessary)

Sunday, October 26 at San Francisco; 7 PM CDT

Game 6 (if necessary)

Tuesday, October 28 at Kansas City; 7 PM CDT

Game 7 (if necessary)

Wednesday, October 29 at Kansas City; 7 PM CDT

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Half-heartedly cheering for the Royals. Don't know if I'll even watch any bit of a game.

I will definitely be watching. Many reasons:

It's the last bit of meaningful baseball in forever.

It's the grandest stage of the game I love.

We have one of the smallest markets in the series and I would love to see good ratings.

I love baseball and could never skip the fall classic.

Hopefully all of you tune in too.

Isn't it kind of weird that the Series doesn't start until Tuesday? I'm surprised the first game wasn't scheduled for either tonight or tomorrow.

But yes, I plan to watch as much as I can, and will be cheering for the Royals. Don't really like the Giants and the Royals are just too good a story this year to not get behind.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Isn't it kind of weird that the Series doesn't start until Tuesday? I'm surprised the first game wasn't scheduled for either tonight or tomorrow.

Behold the power of football. (Which is probably more accurately stated as behold the power of televised football).

This isn't weird at all. MLB had to plan out schedules to assume that each championship series would go the full seven games so the World Series dates were set out WAY in advance. This allows for people/corporations/sponsors to plan with hotel rooms, rental cars, etc. WAY in advance. Of course, these plans can be blown up with some rain outs of World Series games but at least the plan was in place.

I'm sure MLB could have moved the games up but it would have been a complete and utter disaster from a logistics standpoint for them.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

But since you dont know what cities these games will be played in till the series' end, I dont think it would be that big of a disaster.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

MLB books rooms in every MLB playoff team's city for this purpose. Obviously, when a team is eliminated, those rooms are released back to the public.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I will also be watching every game. Like many of you here on this board I am very clearly addicted to baseball and this is the last fix of real live Major League Baseball until next spring which seems like an eternity away right now. Football is a very distant second and I pay literally no attention to it whatsoever until the World Series is done.

Sad to say it, but I'm going with the Giants in 5... I want KC to win it all, but not sure their magic can continue much longer.

I hope I am wrong.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I am going for the Royals in 4 so they can be the first team to go un-defeated in the post season since the 76 Reds and the Big Red Machine. That team had a few good players (Bench, Rose, Morgan, Perez) :) ... With 3.5 hall of famers manning half of your positions, you don't even need pitching.

Anyhow, go Royals!!!!

After the pummeling the Giants put on the Brewers at the end of the year, I'll predict that they will take the series. The Royals bullpen allows them to play a six inning game, but the Giants are just as solid in their bullpen and seem to have more offense than the Royals.

Archived