Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Hire Ray Montgomery

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So, does anyone know his "drafting profile"? Has he had any trends one strengths and weaknesses (i.e. lots of misses on pitchers but finds steals at OF positions)

Do you expect to see a different drafting approach by the Brewers in the future?

Jack Z seemed to aim for the person with the highest ranked tool (power) on the board. Seid seemed to draft college pitchers and HS bats.

So, does anyone know his "drafting profile"? Has he had any trends one strengths and weaknesses (i.e. lots of misses on pitchers but finds steals at OF positions)

Do you expect to see a different drafting approach by the Brewers in the future?

Jack Z seemed to aim for the person with the highest ranked tool (power) on the board. Seid seemed to draft college pitchers and HS bats.

In regards to picthers, Seid's hands were somewhat tied. The general consensus was that the farm system was devoid of pitching talent, especially at the upper levels. So the "fix" was to draft college pitchers rather than HS pitchers, thinking that they would progress to the MLB team much quicker. That plan basically blew up in their face.

I think most would agree with you on Jack Z's drafting style while here. Gallardo is the only notable pitcher drafted during his tenure, and many think that was Melvin inserting his authority to overrule Jack Z (who did not want to draft Gallardo).

For this team to succeed, we need to find a Ben Sheets, Gallardo, and Peralta and have them graduate to the MLB rotation within 3 years of each other - not over a span of 15 years.

Gruber Lawffices

I think the real question should be who will be the Assistant to the Traveling Secretary.

Whoever it is, he or she should be a communist in order to build a pipeline into the vast reservoir of Cuban baseball talent

Archived