Brewer Fanatic

Build your winning roster for 2015

reillymcshane

I think you have to have Parra as insurance and giving Braun the odd time off. And what a good bench bat. I think you need to offer him a two year deal (with club option for year 3). I really do not know what is fair, would he take something like 2 years at $6 mill, with 3rd year $6 mill club option. We honestly, sorry, dont have anyone near his ability in the minors, do we. He is an MLB player. I hate having NON MLB player having to play.

The alternative is to pick up his arby and then trade him for a prospect.

The other alternative is to see who Doug can sign / trade for now that is Parra-like for a couple of years at a lower cost. He is pricey for a fourth outfielder, but I think we should not be cheap on the fourth outfielder or the backup middle infielder.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it would be a bad decision not to tender Parra, $7 million does not seem too much considering how much time Braun will likely take off plus he will play often for Davis and will replace him late in games. Even if they don't want him on the team next year I think they good get a decent asset in return for him at some point.

After the Lind trade, meaning Braun will be staying in RF, does this mean Parra is an almost certain non-tender? I like him a lot, but he's going to be too pricey ($6M+) for a fourth OF.

Thinking outside the box, I think the Lind trade opens up the possibility of using Khris Davis as centerpiece in a deal for a longer term solution at 3B opening up LF either for Parra or for Matt Clark. Davis would seem to have plenty of trade value and Clark would seem to be capable of putting up similar numbers. If you chose you could use Clark at 1B and Lind in LF.

After the Lind trade, meaning Braun will be staying in RF, does this mean Parra is an almost certain non-tender? I like him a lot, but he's going to be too pricey ($6M+) for a fourth OF.

Thinking outside the box, I think the Lind trade opens up the possibility of using Khris Davis as centerpiece in a deal for a longer term solution at 3B opening up LF either for Parra or for Matt Clark. Davis would seem to have plenty of trade value and Clark would seem to be capable of putting up similar numbers. If you chose you could use Clark at 1B and Lind in LF.

Lind loses a lot value once you put him in LF. His defensive value drops off significantly (Career UZR/150: 1B = -4.0, LF = -11.6). The better option is to extend Parra to a 2yr/$10M with a $6M team option ($1M Buyout). Having a starting caliber, gold glove outfielder who can play all three spots is invaluable to a team hoping to contend.

• 1 month later...

Archived