Brewer Fanatic

No 2015 contracts for Johnny Narron and Garth Iorg

sauveb

The scapegoats for 2014 have been identified. I would be curious to know what Iorg did wrong.

[sarcasm]he probably petitioned to bring back yuni b for first base in 2015[/sarcasm]

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

How Eddie "The windmill" Sedar still has a job is beyond me. Keep sending them eddie. Just keep sending them.

Here is a good example (Eddie isn't in the picture but Brewers writers confirmed Eddie sent Gomez) Yep, lets try and score from 2B on a flyball out to CF. Good work Eddie.

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_04_05_milmlb_bosmlb_1&mode=recap&c_id=bos#gid=2014_04_05_milmlb_bosmlb_1&mode=video

Eddie has survived because he is Doug's eyes and ears on the coaching staff. its my only explanation.

(this is unfounded ofcourse, just a theory)

He seems to be well liked by the players from what I've observed.

Yup, that is the perefect reason to keep someone, the players like him... I would have to think that is why RRR was able to keep his job as well.

:(

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Eddie has survived because he is Doug's eyes and ears on the coaching staff. its my only explanation.

Larry Haney was considered by many to be a front office stooge in the 80s/90s. He was bullpen coach for years, and then pitching coach for a couple of years. He seemed to always seemed to survive managerial changes. I think he stayed on in some capacity with the team until Selig sold it.

I remember when Pete Vukovich was an announcer in the late 80s the story was that players would come to him instead of Haney (who was the pitching coach) for help because players didn't trust him.

I understand why Narron was fired because somebody had to take the fall and offense collapsed down the stretch (but are we really surprised that Overbay/Reynolds couldn't hit, Davis was hurt, Braun was hurt, Ramirez was probably worn down due to age etc.)

Iorg getting let go is weird. It's like they discussed it and decided one coach wasn't enough so they put Iorg, Sedar, Tunnell, and Shelby names in a hat, picked one and whoever got picked got fired.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
[sarcasm]I'm glad Mark and Doug put their heads together and finally found the culprits for last season's collapse.[/sarcasm]

(If there was a throwing up emoticon, I would place it right here.)

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sick/barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Personally, I'm rather indifferent towards today's news. This has Doug Melvin written all over it. Once it was announced that Doug wasn't leaving I kind of suspected we'd see a "Stan Kyles" approach to any coaching changes. I'm just surprised it was Iorg instead of the other Narron.

To those who wanted Roenicke fired, what specifically did he do/not do to have you call for his job? What specific things would you have wanted the team to look for in a replacement?

To those who wanted Roenicke fired, what specifically did he do/not do to have you call for his job?

This has been talked about repeatably here:

...his horrible aggressive baserunning philosophy

...his horrible bullpen management

...his horrible "every starter goes 100 pitches" routine

...his love for washed-up veterans over, well everybody else

...his ho-hum attitude toward horrible baserunning mistakes

...his lack of accountability for players who do things that little leaguers know better than to do

...his starting a guy because he's 2 for 4 vs a pitcher in his career instead of a guy who's clearly the better player

...the squeeze bunt

...the contact play

...the infield in

...Mark Kotsay in CF

...Yuni at first base after the season is over and there are younger options

...Overbay/Reynolds at first base after the season is over and there are younger options

How Eddie "The windmill" Sedar still has a job is beyond me.

The first and third base coaches have jobs other than simply being on the field. I don't know who does what, but I'd guess that whatever Eddie did in his other roles was deemed to be satisfactory or better. Along with that, I'd surmise that decisions to send runners were very much a function of managerial philosophy.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

He seems to be well liked by the players from what I've observed.

Yup, that is the perefect reason to keep someone, the players like him... I would have to think that is why RRR was able to keep his job as well.

:(

Seems like a pretty good reason to keep a 3B coach, whose impact on the team's winning percentage must be close to zero. If Sedar has any positive impact on team morale (and he seems very popular with the players), it's more than worth the 1-2 times per season that he gives a bad run signal.

Not in the mood to look it up but Nate? Are you DM?

I feel like your proclamation that the team won't fire Roenicke and Melvin stays, and Narron plus another coach will be the only moves done with the staff this offseason...Just came to fruition.

Maybe it wasn't Nate but I feel like it was.

Meanwhile, how does everyone feel 2015 will play being Roenicke's final year on contract after 2014's collapse?

He's likely to be the 1st on the Hott Seat the moment the season begins. I'll guess he'll be gone before the AS Break. 2015 is about to be an even bigger disaster than this year because they kept Roenicke.

He doesn't have control of the team now. He sure wont in a Hott Seat final year in contract season!

Please DM/MA trade 4-8players this offseason just to give me a reason to pay attention in 2015!

I am sorry but both DM and RR might be playing their last season in Brewer town in 2015.

Regardless of how well the Brewers play next season I think it will be his last. I believe Melvin retires after next season. If MA wanted to keep DM longer he will extend him this off season but I believe Counsell is the next Brewers GM. I think the things that have happened so far this year have taken a toll on Melvin.

This may or may not be RR's last year it probably will be if the Brewers don't make the playoffs next year especially if the team is horrible next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Sveum brought back as the manager though I think this would be a mistake because of the team quitting on him from the end of the 2012 season through the 2013 season.

Archived