Brewer Fanatic

Looking to buy Packers/Patriots Tickets

lcbj68c
I'm looking to take the wife to the Packers/Patriots game and will be travelling from Utah with another couple. I know this is the final weekend of deer season and so I'm wondering if anybody is selling their tickets or knows of a method of obtaining them without the 300% upcharge on the secondary market. I need 4 together. Thanks in advance if you are selling or know of a reasonable offer out there.

If it were 1-2 tickets that you needed, I'd tell you to work the parking lot / nearby streets on gameday until you find some random fan who will sell their extra ticket(s) for below the secondary market prices. However, that does take time and effort (and you'd have to find the person before the scalpers do), and it is probably not feasible needing four tickets together. Unless you know someone with 4 tickets they can't use, it will be tough to find tickets for a more reasonable price unless the Packers tank (like last year when Rodgers got hurt). Therefore the best advice I have is to continue asking around. Good luck.

Your best bet to get the lowest price are Ebay auctions. Look up the game, and look for "auction only" listings. Otherwise they'll show you ticket brokers and stubhub listings which tend to be higher. As that game approaches there will be more listings and prices tend to drop. Add tickets you want to your "watch list", then as auction nears it's time limit, be ready to pounce in the last 10 seconds of the auction with your bid.

If you prefer the Stubhub route, wait until the last few days before the game. People that have to sell will lower prices as game time nears.

A side note, you might do better with two pairs than one group of four. If you are two couples, the ladies can use one pair and the guys the other. Can't tell you how many times I've seen people do that.

I've bought many Packer tickets on Ebay and I've gotten very lucky on occasion. In 2010 I grabbed 4 tickets somebody had just listed for face value, even though I was looking for 2 maximum because it was such a deal. Turned out my brother couldn't make it, so I had three extra which I sold in about 20 minutes the Friday before the game on Craigslist for $50 more than I had paid for the 4. I ended up essentially getting paid $50 to go to the game. It covered gas and parking!

The last time I bought on Ebay, the person selling them lived out of the area and rarely attended any games, but happened to work for a company that does business with the company I work for. We worked out a deal not just for the game I bid on but for a future game as well, with an understanding that we'd work similar deals in future seasons. You just never know.

If you have the patience wait until the week of the game and go to ticketmaster a couple of times a day. They almost always release tickets and sell them at face there.

I do have the patience, but I'm scared to wait that long. Lowers might go from $220 to $500? Ugh. My experience has been deer hunting week is easier to find, but maybe it's the opponent?

You can do a combination of what Briggs is indicating and Ticketmaster. If the ticket prices are dropping enough go to ebay or stubhub and pull the trigger and in the meantime check Ticketmaster as well. I understand why you are scared to wait but that is also the reason why you tend to get the best deals the week before the game, people like to plan for the game and make sure they have a ticket. Too bad it wasn't one more week as tickets to the Falcons game are available at face.

Archived