Brewer Fanatic

2014 Championship Series: Royals vs. Orioles, Giants vs. Cardinals (Royals and Giants advance)

Bombers
I can't deal with the Royals in the WS with Nedley at the helm, come on Baltimore!!
Better get used to the idea. :ohwell

ANYONE other than the Cardinals is fine by me. It would sting a little having KC win it all in their first shot when the Brewers couldn't do it when they had their window, but I'm still rooting for them.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I posted this before with no comments:

Is there a chance that Yost learned from past mistakes and is now a better manager than he was during his time in Milwaukee? Seriously...

I've watched the playoff games, he seems to have a pretty good handle on his team, at least he doesn't start Mark Kotsay in CF...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I can't understand anything Pedro Martinez is saying... I find it hard to believe that some of these guys have jobs in broadcasting. The worst is Shannon "mushmouth" Sharpe though...

I find it so hard to believe that Baltimore couldn't even win one single game. This Royals team looks like a team of destiny!

Go Royals!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I've watched the playoff games, he seems to have a pretty good handle on his team, at least he doesn't start Mark Kotsay in CF...

Sure, but given the chance . . . .

It's really neat to see the Royals doing this. When any team gets on a roll like this in terms of playing beyond what all reason tells you should happen it's something to see. You just don't want it to happen against you. In a way I feel bad for the Orioles because it feels like they never had a chance despite everything in their favor.

Is there a chance that Yost learned from past mistakes and is now a better manager than he was during his time in Milwaukee? Seriously...

I've mentioned this before. Why is it seemingly so hard for some fans to accept that managers can learn and improve with experience? Most aren't as stubborn and bullheaded as some of us probably think.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Oh my goodness, I laughed and laughed when Travis went deep there. I'm not even mad that the Giants are in for the third time since 2010. Zombie Brewer power!

Edited to add another thought: I'm not above feeling bad for Michael Wacha. Without knowing the big picture of the STL bullpen (because I don't want to follow them that closely), seems that dude was Mathenyed.

Other than that, I'm alllllll about the Cardinal schadenfreude.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Big props to the Giants. There's no reason to criticize Matheny for bringing in Wacha, who had pitched only 6 innings since June, and sent in to the highest leverage position imaginable.

The Giants were great and Bochy's managing was near flawless. Even if the Cards pulled the game out, the Giants were still going to win the pennant. They're the best team to represent the NL vs. that incredible KC ball club.

It's been fun, see you guys next Spring. ;)

My goodness, my Cards friends want Matheny gone and TLR back. Matheny can't do anything right, and he's a moran and blah, blah, blah. It's funny. The team has only won 2 World Series in the past 20 years and it's like there's this expectation that they should sweep the World Series every year. They didn't have that great of a team, and had our beloved Brewers not choked away their season, the Cards probably would have been sitting at home and not even played in the playoffs. Oh well. Royals in 5. Just seems like they're the team of destiny.

Archived