Brewer Fanatic

2014 Championship Series: Royals vs. Orioles, Giants vs. Cardinals (Royals and Giants advance)

Bombers
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever happens, I am really enjoying KC and the O's. Just great competition without Cardinal attitude.

^ Completely agree... I find it hard to root against either team, just great baseball to watch. I am hooping KC wins the series, but I am fine with the O's winning it too.

Unrelated: Is there a chance that Yost learned from past mistakes and is now a better manager than he was during his time in Milwaukee? Seriously...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

They lost, but they did it the right way. Joe Buck sounded devastated.
It was mock devastation. The guy's so disinterested in baseball that he was damn near falling asleep in the booth a couple of years back. The internet and radio sports shows exploded on his deadpan delivery (VERY similar to Jack Buck before Harry Carey was fired) and he's since projected a more "I care" attitude.

Apparently he was scared to death at the thought of returning to the St. Louis broadcast booth if Fox axed him. But like Mc Carver, when he gets too long in the tooth he'll be right back in St. Louis, faking allegiance. ;)

Can someone please explain to me how the Cardinal Batters are suddenly HR hitters in the Postseason?

Matt Carpenter 8HRs in over 700PAs in the Regular season. 4 now in 6games?

11HRs by Cardinal Batters total in 6games. 2nd fewest HRs in all of MLB this season to this? Just seems odd to me to bust out the big bats when they didn't have them all year.

Can someone please explain to me how the Cardinal Batters are suddenly HR hitters in the Postseason?

Matt Carpenter 8HRs in over 700PAs in the Regular season. 4 now in 6games?

11HRs by Cardinal Batters total in 6games. 2nd fewest HRs in all of MLB this season to this? Just seems odd to me to bust out the big bats when they didn't have them all year.

That's a good question. In the case of Carp I figured out that Matheny wanted him to take pitches, run up the pitch count and when down 2 strikes shorten his stroke for hits to set the table. He could have been hitting homers all along, and now he's been unleashed.

Wong was hitting homers all along, but he didn't play every day. Adams played with an oblique strain after the ASB and couldn't hit lefties to save his life. He must be better now. Oscar Tavares' power was known, but he's in the Matheny doghouse and saw limited action all year.

The LHB Cards are doing all the damage, 11 HR to 2 for RHB , one from Grichuk, one from Holliday, who is predictably sub Mendoza this post season. He disappears every October.

I suspect that the Royals had that power available all year too, but it was not the focus of their speed/defense approach.

The Cards are in bad shape right now. The Ace is shot, the closer is shot and Molina is shot, out for the season. The pixie dust bag is leaking like a sieve. The Giants WILL take advantage.

Frankly, It's a mystery to me how the Cards made it this far. Led the division in VERY few catagories this year, near the bottom in most. Go figure.

Now would be a perfect time for KC to fire Ned Yost.
LOL....he'll probably be the MOY. I don't know, but this 7 straight must be nearing a record in the playoff era.

The Rockies swept their way to the World Series in 2007. That's 7 playoff wins in a row plus a tie breaker game. Of course they were then destroyed in 4 games by the Red Sox.

Archived