Brewer Fanatic

Not for sale or trade but something you may wish to see

Dean Machine

There is no great forum for this on this site but I wanted to share. My wife for my 40th birthday made up these cards with some pictures of me and mailed it to the Brewers players, broadcasters, Doug Melvin, Mark Attanasio, Ron Roenicke etc. and asked them to sign it and mail it back to her at her Aunt's house. On my birthday last week I got to open all these cards. She ended up getting 26 players to sign the cards and all the managment/ownership/broadcaster types. Uecker is the only Brewer I've ever sent away for an autograph from and that was 25 or 30 years ago and he didn't send my baseball card back so him sending this back was especially cool.

I just thought I would share this with everyone (even though you can't really read what they wrote because I bought a cheap frame to display them and it didn't photograph well) because not only is my wife amazing but most of the people associated with the Brewers are pretty good guys. I would especially like to thank Ellian Herrera who apparently walked around the locker room and got the players who didn't sign the card when my wife sent them at the beginning of the season to sign his. She mailed his in July and the rest of the players near the beginning of the season and magically the 12 players on his card hadn't sent theirs back. Ron Roenicke also collected numerous autographs as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v672/loveridge/005.jpg

It was a pretty cool idea my wife had and a great surprise for me on my birthday to open all those cards. You have to love a present that is something you love that you would have never even considered. I just love the effort she put into it. I guess she even got someone to write letters to the Latin players in Spanish.

• 3 months later...

Archived