Brewer Fanatic

Thank You to Brewers Fans

molitor fan

As a long-time Brewerfan member that lives out of state in North Carolina, I am compelled to thank Brewer fans for keeping this team competitive by turning out in what I regard to be amazing numbers. Just a couple thousand fans short of 2.8 million in attendance is rather stunning to me, and while Mark A. is surely not happy with our fade, he has to be thrilled that the teams run at the division title helped to bring fans to the stadium at this type of level.

Without this type of support Melvin would not be able to put out another incredible stat to me - an ending payroll of 113.6 million for the 2014 year. Next year looks to be even slightly higher - looking at between 115-120 million - again all made possible by the outstanding attendance that a decade ago I did not think was possible (Rluz, where are 'ya).

I would guess that for every 200k drop in attendance we would need to likewise pare payroll by 7-8 million. As we head into an offseason that I think will bring us fewer changes than many would like, this element bears consideration

Wisconsin definitely has avid sports fans. I'm sure the hot start lead to a lot of ticket sales for games later in the year, expecting to cheer the team on to the playoffs. Unfortunately, a lot of these fans are feeling pretty bad about the team right now, which is why I'm sure Attanasio will feel the need to "make a splash" this offseason to try to bump ticket sales. My question is whether this "splash" will be trading someone like Gomez, or whether it will simply be adding a "name" free agent.

Either way, kudos to the Brewers for pulling themselves out of the morass of 10,000-15,000 fans per game to where they currently sit, and kudos to the fans for spending their money on the Brewers.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I really hope that our "splash" is not just signing Adam LaRoche.

Provided they don't plan on a major overhaul, I'd be happy with a LaRoche signing. The years and AAV would obviously factor in, but just putting a left handed bat who walks about 14 pct of the time with some power at our worst offensive position would be a very nice upgrade for the Brewers.

That coupled with what I believe will be a significant improvement from Segura and HOPEFULLY a successful surgery and recovery from Ryan Braun..and the Brewers could legitimately contend next year. If you could get .300/.370/.500 from Braun and even just .270/.320/.400 from Segura the offense would be a lot different next year. Add in threat from the left side and a guy who can give you 20-25 HR's(potentially 30 in Miller Park) and a good on base pct and that's about as good of an upgrade as I think the Brewers fans can reasonably hope for. There is also Khris Davis who has always walked at a very high clip until this year. I don't think Lucroy is going to regress too much, though obviously Ramirez is a question mark.

But I really think the best hope for our offense isn't to revamp it, rather try to add a left handed 1st basemen and hope that you simply get more from Davis, Segura and Braun...and I don't think that's far fetched at all.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Archived