Brewer Fanatic

2014 Division Series: Tigers vs. Orioles, Royals vs. Angels, Giants vs. Nationals, Cardinals vs. Dodgers (Orioles, Royals, Cardinals, & Giants advance)

1992casey
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they honestly institute the 3 time out rule. That would be awesome. Rosenthal was struggling and now they get a huge time break. Which is complete garbage as the dodgers had him on the ropes. I hope this back fires
What are you referring to, Bombers? I saw Molina/Matheny freak out at one point when Lackey was getting wild and stall the action, but not Rosenthal.

That guy gives up hits in every game he saves. He has Card fans are on pins and needles every time out.

If they honestly institute the 3 time out rule. That would be awesome. Rosenthal was struggling and now they get a huge time break. Which is complete garbage as the dodgers had him on the ropes. I hope this back fires
What are you referring to, Bombers? I saw Molina/Matheny freak out at one point when Lackey was getting wild and stall the action, but not Rosenthal.

That guy gives up hits in every game he saves. He has Card fans are on pins and needles every time out.

I was listening to Vin and not watching but according to his call right after Rosenthal put 2 straight on all of a sudden there was a problem with the mound and play stopped while they all futzed around with it for it seemed like forever and it seemed like a pretty transparent attempt to stall.

Your comments from a month or two ago on the organization's recent treatment of black players, so far removed from what it was when I was growing up, has hit home as I've been looking at the reports from after the game.

I was listening to Vin and not watching but according to his call right after Rosenthal put 2 straight on all of a sudden there was a problem with the mound and play stopped while they all futzed around with it for it seemed like forever and it seemed like a pretty transparent attempt to stall.

Your comments from a month or two ago on the organization's recent treatment of black players, so far removed from what it was when I was growing up, has hit home as I've been looking at the reports from after the game.

Oh yes. I'd forgotten. You may be right on that. I put nothing past Tony La Theny.

I didn't catch that show. Please fill me in.

Well since I'm old I should have known if I thought it was 1 to 2 months ago it was really 4. If I think something happened 4 years ago it was 15.

Anyway in June there was a thread about why the Cards and Brewers don't get along and somebody mentioned that the Brewers had Prince and CC and Cameron and Morgan and Weeks and Hall etc. and the Cards, not so much. You commented that La Russa had systematically weeded out all of the black players, that Oquendo should have had Metheny's job, that the Polanco for Rolen trade was terrible, etc. - by the end of it La Russa was Hitler, which of course doesn't go nearly far enough but hey you're a Card fan, I understand! You commented that it was still an issue now with La Russa gone.

Like I said, 4 (not 1-2) months later it rang a bell today.

I don't think Joe Buck was excited enough on the Adams home run.

Oh, and way to be classy. Hit ball. Stand at the plate for 1-2 seconds to point to the sky. Begin slow trot to first. When ball clears fence, do a total hop in the air and point toward the dugout with glee.

If ANYBODY else in the league (AL or NL) does this, they are frowned upon and shunned as "violating some unspoken respect for the game."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't think Joe Buck was excited enough on the Adams home run.

Oh, and way to be classy. Hit ball. Stand at the plate for 1-2 seconds to point to the sky. Begin slow trot to first. When ball clears fence, do a total hop in the air and point toward the dugout with glee.

If ANYBODY else in the league (AL or NL) does this, they are frowned upon and shunned as "violating some unspoken respect for the game."

Lest we forget Kolten Wong's bat flip on last night's HR.

I truly hate everything that the St. Louis organization represents.

Well since I'm old I should have known if I thought it was 1 to 2 months ago it was really 4. If I think something happened 4 years ago it was 15.

Anyway in June there was a thread about why the Cards and Brewers don't get along and somebody mentioned that the Brewers had Prince and CC and Cameron and Morgan and Weeks and Hall etc. and the Cards, not so much. You commented that La Russa had systematically weeded out all of the black players, that Oquendo should have had Metheny's job, that the Polanco for Rolen trade was terrible, etc. - by the end of it La Russa was Hitler, which of course doesn't go nearly far enough but hey you're a Card fan, I understand! You commented that it was still an issue now with La Russa gone.

Like I said, 4 (not 1-2) months later it rang a bell today.

Oh, yes. I remember. If you look in the stands in Card games you would be hard pressed to see a black face these days. It's a sore spot with me and a lot of St. Louis (enlightened) fans. I hate to admit it, but St. Louis is basically a red neck town.

By the way, I don't live there anymore. But my 1st wife does...in Ferguson.

Everyone in America outside of St Louis and SF should be cheering for whoever comes out of the AL.

A St Louis - Kansas City World Series would be awesome but only if St Louis gets defeated in humiliating fashion.

We know that Ned has no problem retaliating. So after Salvador Perez gets one in the ribs the Royal's manager at least has the balls to give one back to the Cardinals.

I am actually rooting for a Kansas City/St Louis World Series at this point. I think it would be the most interesting matchup with the rivalry and would love to see St Louis lose to Kansas City again, maybe this time KC could win on a call overturned because of replay. Seeing Yost managing the series would also be fun because as noted previously he is not afraid to retaliate. A brawl in the World Series should increase the ratings.

As much as I'd like to see St. Louis lose the World Series, I just can't root for them to get there, under any circumstance.

I just think that if they get there, they will win it, and that is unacceptable to me.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

As much as I'd like to see St. Louis lose the World Series, I just can't root for them to get there, under any circumstance.

I just think that if they get there, they will win it, and that is unacceptable to me.

I agree. If they win the NLCS, I won't even watch the World Series because it will be a forgone conclusion that they win it all.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived