Brewer Fanatic

2014 Division Series: Tigers vs. Orioles, Royals vs. Angels, Giants vs. Nationals, Cardinals vs. Dodgers (Orioles, Royals, Cardinals, & Giants advance)

1992casey
Community Moderator
Going extras. Again.

So thankful to be loving out west.

I really don't like Pacific Time for sports, but it is great for these west coast MLB games. I barely watched the Brewers this year because the games were already over before I could watch them.

Kansas City is really something else right now. Not sure if it's luck or if they've figured out the formula to win low scoring postseason games.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunno how Molina didn't get ejected

No doubt. Apparently if you are a Cardinal or have neck tats you get get away with shoving umpires. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Molina take a Greinke fastball in the face and him never playing baseball again.

This is just what I was talking about in the "turn the franchise around thread." St. Louis pulls this crap all the time. They hit someone, Molina acts like the thug he is, and they get away with it. EVERY TIME! Adrian Gonzalez said it best when talking about Puig getting hit, "You guys (Cardinals) keep doing this to us. We all know it. They'll say it wasn't intentional but we all know what's going on." And we all know there will be no suspensions, no fines, no reprimands, NOTHING! The league allows this to happen all the time. The only thing you can do is retaliate and the Dodgers need to. Molina, Holiday, Adams, Carpenter. One or all them needs a fastball in the ribs.

Maybe the calls the Giants get explain some of their postseason success as well. The Fox guy is yammering about how he can "understand" why the Nat fans are frustrated since they thought they had the game won and a lot is at stake. No, they are frustrated because 2 straight leadoff walks got wrongfully turned into strikeouts.

So far this post-season has been incredible.

Yeah, three extra inning games so far. And technically, even though the wrong team won, last night's Cards-Dodgers game was great too.

The only real downside for me is that in the NL, the Nationals are the only team that I'd like to see advance. I guess I have to root for the Dodgers by default. On the other hand, I'd be fine with any of the AL teams.

As a side note, it sure is pleasant to watch games without that obnoxious news ticker at the bottom of the screen.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The curse of the 100 pitch limit strikes again. Dodgers have been struggling all season with the 8th inning. Grienke was rolling - a 2 hit shutout through 7. But OH NO! He has 102 pitches so Don puts in J.P. Howell who promptly blows the lead. You just need Grienke to go one more inning to get to Kenley and the game is over. I can see maybe in the regular season stressing the 100 pitch limit but in the playoffs down 0-1. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Maybe the calls the Giants get explain some of their postseason success as well. The Fox guy is yammering about how he can "understand" why the Nat fans are frustrated since they thought they had the game won and a lot is at stake. No, they are frustrated because 2 straight leadoff walks got wrongfully turned into strikeouts.

Not only that, I thought the game could easily have been over in 9 if Zimmerman didn't get squeezed on outside pitches that Hudson got all day to that point.

LA still has the advantage.

Good call, dead Simmons. I wasn't sure what you meant by this in a 2-2 tie game, but you got it right.

Yeah. I know the Cards have had some recent success being tied or down late, but it's not really their DNA, especially on the road

So far this has been an incredible post season. KC is on a mission, and SF hasn't lost a post season game since the year of the blue snow. An exciting end to a frustrating, pitcher friendly regular season.

Well congrats to the Baltimore Orioles and former Brewers Nelson Cruz and JJ Hardy (along with former Brewers front office exec Dan Duquette). Now I am hoping for a Royals win tonight to make for a very exciting ALCS between two very hot teams.

KC looking tough again! I'm hoping it's KC vs Baltimore for the AL, and Washington vs the Dodgers for the NL.

I do not want to see the Giants or Cards in the world series, but if either make it, at least I have a vested interest in rooting against them, no matter who they play. I just really dislike the Giants...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sure would be nice to have Lorenzo Cain back in a Brewers uniform...

That cements it, I'm going to root for the Royals from here on out!

All these teams with the players with the big beards? I think it looks stupid...

Jason Werth looks like a Charlie Manson reject.

I would imagine they make for some pretty ugly baseball cards.

Giants if they win tonight sweeping Washington sure would set up well vs. the winner of what looks to be a 5game series between LA/StL.
Well knowing the irony rampant in baseball, I fully expect Bumgarner to LOSE the game this afternoon. Right now, it's tied in the 2nd.

If they honestly institute the 3 time out rule. That would be awesome. Rosenthal was struggling and now they get a huge time break. Which is complete garbage as the dodgers had him on the ropes. I hope this back fires

If they honestly institute the 3 time out rule. That would be awesome. Rosenthal was struggling and now they get a huge time break. Which is complete garbage as the dodgers had him on the ropes. I hope this back fires

No it doesn't because there is no God.

Archived