Brewer Fanatic

Twins Fire Ron Gardenhire

sheetskout
Haven't the Twins always been an organization known for strong fundamentals? It'd be nice to have that in Milwaukee for a change. However, I'd pass on Gardenhire.

Several ex-Twins have criticized the team's coaching staff for their hitting instruction. J.J. Hardy, for example, said the Twins were dead-set on their players hitting to the opposite field, even if that tactic strays from a player's strengths. When he got to Baltimore, "....[baltimore hitting coach Jim] Presley's approach was 'I want you to drive the ball. I want you to hit homers. I want you to do what you did in '07 and '08 with Milwaukee.'"

Hardy hit 30 homers for Baltimore that year.

Ya. That's why I don't want Gardenhire managing. The Twins organizational philosophy on hitting is pretty bad.

For what its worth, the Twins were 6th in the league in runs scored, 5th in OBP, and 9th in OPS. This was despite a crash by their best player Mauer and a dearth of talent across the diamond.

The Brewers on the other hand with vastly superior on paper talent finished 15th in runs scored, 19th in OBP, and 11th in OPS.

Pitching is what does Gardenhire in, not his philosophy. Our pitching saved us from a horrible year.

Also living in the Twin Cities, I think the Twins' improved offense had far more to do with Tom Bruanansky as their hitting coach than anything with Gardy. Bruno was someone who the young players raved about from AAA when they came up to the bigs. This year proved why.

I'd LOVE to have Bruno as our new hitting coach.... as soon as we can get rid of the current one.

Also living in the Twin Cities, I think the Twins' improved offense had far more to do with Tom Bruanansky as their hitting coach than anything with Gardy. Bruno was someone who the young players raved about from AAA when they came up to the bigs. This year proved why.

I'd LOVE to have Bruno as our new hitting coach.... as soon as we can get rid of the current one.

I would think Gardy would try to bring his guys along with. Unfortunately that might mean Rick Anderson too...lol.

I would think Gardy would try to bring his guys along with. Unfortunately that might mean Rick Anderson too...lol.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting I'd want Gardy as our manager -- I'm not in the "fire Roenicke" camp -- only that I'd love to have Bruno as our hitting coach instead of Johnny Narron, under whose tutelage I'm not sure any of our hitters actually improved.

Archived