Brewer Fanatic

2014-2015 Brewers Off-Season Optimism Thread

torts

Worst off-season of the 32 teams, per Joel Sherman. FWIW.

"The White Sox and Brewers have had the best and worst offseasons, respectively, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The White Sox were aggressive but conservative in spending their financial flexibility and did well by not surrendering any top prospects to acquire Jeff Samardzija. The Brewers, meanwhile, are not good enough to compete in the NL Central now or in the near future and should have either made a big play for a free agent like James Shields or turned over the roster on a grander scale than just trading Yovani Gallardo."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joel Sherman is generally a putz imo so that doesn't bother me. One of the baseball guys I respect a lot less than most. Brewers did not have a great offseason but they weren't one of the worst either. No reason to project them to lose ground over last year though and they are certainly in the Wild Card discussion at this point.

Joel Sherman is generally a putz imo so that doesn't bother me. One of the baseball guys I respect a lot less than most. Brewers did not have a great offseason but they weren't one of the worst either. No reason to project them to lose ground over last year though and they are certainly in the Wild Card discussion at this point.

^^ Very much agree with this. I went on a mini-rant elsewhere about Sherman, so I won't repeat myself at length.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 2 weeks later...
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!! MLB GROUNDHOGS DAY!!!! 6 WEEKS UNTIL THE SEASON BEGINS! PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT! THE EXCITEMENT BEGINS!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

It's all about Braun. If he is back to a 950 ops guy, the offense looks great. If not, this team will be lacking. Yes, it's over simplification, but who else can make the leap to fill in for his expected bat if he is back to 750?

I like the rotation, the bullpen looks good even if Broxton is the closer.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's all about Braun. If he is back to a 950 ops guy, the offense looks great. If not, this team will be lacking. Yes, it's over simplification, but who else can make the leap to fill in for his expected bat if he is back to 750?

I like the rotation, the bullpen looks good even if Broxton is the closer.

Braun is key. His return to all-star form is really needed. A-Ram and Segura are keys too. Both can be above average players - commodities we need badly. Our offense was 6th in the NL last year - we need to improve that since our pitching will likely fall in the 'average' zone again this year.

Archived