Brewer Fanatic

End of season blues

LaprilOne

Going to my last game tomorrow.

Yes, this team disappointed the heck out of me, as it did all. We saw some great over achievement, and failed to capitalize.

There are all calls for heads to roll, and even though the solution is more complex than that, everything has to be looked at at all levels.

Nonetheless, it will be a sunny fall day at MP. It will be the last time for many of the players in Milwaukee. (Ricki, it never worked, but you gave it great effort, was hoping for more), (good luck Lyle, you are a class act).

Last cold beers on a sunny day, Polish sausage, maybe a bloody Mary.

Winter is coming, maybe long and hard, so no way I miss the last game. Time marches.

Great post. Enjoy the game. Wish I could be there.

One of these years it'll happen. One of these years...

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

My wife and I were trying to go tonight, but couldn't get a sitter due to it being homecoming weekend in our city. I will miss going to games until spring, even if the team is out of playoff contention and the season has ultimately been disappointing.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I had tickets to the game on the 4th vs STL which i ended up selling due to airfare being higher than normal. I was banking on needing airfare for October instead. Kinda bummed i didn't get to see one last game this season, but Arizona Fall League is right around the corner and that usually holds me over til winter and then i begin the countdown til catchers and pitchers report
Formerly AirShuttle6104

I'm going to all 3 games this weekend, tailgating for all 3. This year was my lowest game total since I moved to Milwaukee in 2005, mostly because my summer was insanely busy.

Baseball is my summer love, it's always a bit sad when I have to take my table, grill and tailgate kit out of my trunk for the season (they live there for 6 months every year).

I'll miss the lot, the grills, offering strangers random awesome food we have too much of, and that short walk to the ballpark while the game time excitement builds.

Rickie Weeks has been my favorite Brewer for the last 6 years, I'll miss the guy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I got free tickets to the diamondbacks game tonight from work. I have this sickening feeling that the Cardinals are going to win and win the division while I am there. I hate the Cardinals and everything St. Louis.

If you see/hear a guy rocking a Pirates hat heckling the Cardinals thats a buddy of mine. Hes a huge Brewer fan as well

Formerly AirShuttle6104

next up for me is Marquette basketball. I obviously follow the Packers religiously, but one nice thing of baseball is that it's 7 days a week. Although during my coaching season, I tend to really fall off. That's why it's been nice that I haven't fully experienced the Brewers' 6-week slide.

This is pretty much the point I start to go into seasonal depression. This is also highly inversely-correlated with the temperature. It helps to think it's only really like five months to ST.

I'm-a-so-sad. Winters coming.

You and I are on the same page sheetskout. Cold front coming through this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be gray, cold, and windy. :(

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I went to the game Saturday night and just felt sad. Sad that this team failed in our attempt at the post-season, nostalgically sad to see guys leaving that represent certain eras of my life (Weeks and Overbay), and perhaps even moreso because it marks the beginning of a cold baseball-less off season. I love the Packers and all, but the Brewers and baseball generally are my only true sports passion. In the meantime I will watch the post-season and root for the Royals and Nats and against the Cardinals, settle into fall, and start getting pumped again when the Brewers team store has their annual sale in early December and the march to Opening Day goes on.

In case anyone hasn't seen it, former commissioner Bart Giamatti's "The Green Fields of the Mind", my annual read after the season's final game:

http://mason.gmu.edu/~rmatz/giamatti.html

Community Moderator

Picked up cheap tickets to see the Mariners on Saturday. It was nice to experience an intense game with a playoff atmosphere...and most importantly get in one last game before winter.

I'm glad the Brewers season is over, that was painful and there really isn't anything redeeming about it. The situation for next year looks ugly so I'll probably just try to forget about it for awhile.

I know this kind of gesture is easy and virtually meaningless, but it still makes me happy to get something like this in my inbox.

Hat tip to Brewers marketing.

http://mlb.com/mil/images/email/y2014/im_thankyoufans_600.gif

The same appears in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It won't win back every disappointed fan, but I think it's a nice touch that didn't have to be done. I also enjoyed the challenge of figuring out each of the participants, since I've seen few of their autographs previously:

Left column, top to bottom: Reynolds, Braun, Jeffress, Weeks, Gomez, Fiers, Wooten, Overbay, and Herrera.

Second column, top-bottom: Smith, Lohse, Ramirez, Wang, Estrada, Nelson.

Third column, top-bottom: Gallardo, Maldonado, Gennett, Gorzelanny, Broxton.

Right column: K-Rod, Parra, Lucroy, Kintzler, Garza, Davis, Peralta, Segura, Schafer.

I rather like Logan's comment about the "true fans who understand and endure." I'm not sure how pointed that's supposed to be. Also, commence the speculation (if you care to) about the absence of RRR's thanks. Zach Duke is the only more or less "main roster" occupant whose name doesn't appear.

At this point, I'd rather have this on my office wall than the "one unforgettable story" poster with the 2014 schedule on it. :ohwell

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived