Brewer Fanatic

Lets Go Milwaukee Royals

superfly

I guess I knew it, but never really paid attention until this morning. It's time to start cheering for the Royals this postseason... since 1/3 of the starters last played with us and also the manager.

SS - Alcides Escobar (Brewers 2008-2010, Traded to KC for Zack Greinke)

OF - Lorenzo Cain (Prospect & Player for Brewers 2010, Traded to KC for Zack Greinke)

OF - Nori Aoki (Brewers 2012-2013, traded to KC in 2014)

Manager - Ned Yost (Brewers manager 2003-2008, went to KC after we parted)

Pirates are a game behind the Cardinals for the division crown.

Let's go Diamondbacks!

#AbtC (Anyone but the Cardinals!)

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Pirates are a game behind the Cardinals for the division crown.

Let's go Diamondbacks!

#AbtC (Anyone but the Cardinals!)

THIS! ^^^^

I wish the Royals the best of luck in the playoffs, I always root for the underdog, but my time the next 2 days is going to be spent rooting for the Pirates and D-Backs!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

im hoping for a KC PIT world series, first appearance in 29+ years for either club, in some of the smallest markets in baseball. would be amazing.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

K.C. is my AL-team. Great baseball city and they've never really done anything to anger me over the years. I wish them the best of luck. I also have tremendous respect for Escobars' talent at SS. I really wish there was some way we could have had him stick around.

With Escobar-Aoki-Cain at the top of their order, the Royals finish the season scoring only three less runs than the Brewers (42 more after August 1), on 55 less home runs. Actually, their reputation for an anemic offense is a bit overblown - #12 in runs scored after the All-Star Break. We were #28.

With Escobar-Aoki-Cain at the top of their order, the Royals finish the season scoring only three less runs than the Brewers (42 more after August 1), on 55 less home runs. Actually, their reputation for an anemic offense is a bit overblown - #12 in runs scored after the All-Star Break. We were #28.

KC has an extra hitter in the lineup. They should score more runs than an NL team.

Speaking of pitchers batting, the Brewer pitchers were awful with the bats this year. They accumulated just 26 hits with no HR, compared to 2011 when they banged out 53 hits and had 3 HR.

I'm rooting for a beltway series, even though technically Bal'mer has nothing to do with the beltway
I think you're rooting right. I'm not rooting for it, but that's my pick too. That's right...the Dodgers will beat the Cards and then lose to the Nats for the pennant.

Was that Roenicke out there managing? Oh wait, that was just Yost. Pull your ace for a starter you need the next round to get out of a jam...absolutely brilliant. Not that the unhittable bullpen you've had all year is an option of course. Goodbye Royals.

Our own SeriesFinale, on the Twitters, is calling the Royals the Zombie Brewers. Between that and the generally positive experiences I've had in our two visits (three games) to Kauffman, I can get behind KC in the playoffs.

Seeing the happy fans last night brought back more than a few 2008/2011 memories. I'm also capable of separating out the Yostness of it all. :) Plus, who knows what would happen if Nedster managed the AL in the 2015 all-star game?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived