Brewer Fanatic

Tech help, please. Uploading pics into Win7.

Nottso

BF.Net hasn't failed me yet for PC help, so here I am again. When I insert the SD card from my camera into the slot on the laptop, it automatically uploads the pics to the "Pictures" library, creating a new folder with the date as the title. I dislike this very much. To get the pics where I actually want them to be, I have to cut or copy them, then create a folder in the library in which I need them to be, paste them into that folder and then go back and delete the folder that was created automatically. It's quite annoying to have to jump through all of these extra and unnecessary hoops.

With XP, I was given the option to upload the pics to wherever I wanted and to title the pics and/or the destination folder as I saw fit. I liked that much better. I looked at the "auto play" settings in the Win7 Control Panel but I didn't see an option that would clearly make it work like XP did and I didn't want to just start changing settings gratuitously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Start -> Search for Autoplay

Select "Change default settings for media"

I am pretty sure you want to change 'pictures' to 'ask me every time'

I believe that is what you're looking for. Hopefully it helps!

Edit:

This post may help you as well...

http://www.sevenforums.com/music-pictures-video/25245-picture-import.html

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Baldkin,

Thanks for the effort, but no joy. When set to that it, after it asks what to do and I tell it "import pictures and video" it still auto-imports to a folder with today's date as the title. It still doesn't give me the options that XP did.

Archived