Brewer Fanatic

Bud Selig to tour Miller Park (Latest: Brewers to retire #1 to honor him)

crossface21
Who didn't know that Jose Canseco was taking steroids. Everyone was laughing at him and his wife as he was playing demolition derby with his cars. Or when Canseco had the cops chase him for 15 miles.

Bud Selig never wanted steroids in baseball. Blame the player's union because they are the ones who fought drug testing. Bud Selig could not universally impose drug testing. It had to be collectively bargained.

Who didn't know that Jose Canseco was taking steroids. Everyone was laughing at him and his wife as he was playing demolition derby with his cars. Or when Canseco had the cops chase him for 15 miles.

I don't remember many, if any, members of the media hinting at PEDs at the time. I don't remember any fans talking about it. Everyone was cheering on Sosa and McGwire..no one was saying anything about steroids, and believe it or not, I don't think it was even on most people's minds. When you mentioned steroids in that period, most people thought of German gymnasts and competitive body builders, not baseball players.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Retiring a number for a man who never donned a uniform is incredibly lame. I have to admit that I am getting a little tired of the recognitions the Brewers have come up with. The Uecker seats were a classic...until they placed a Bob statue up there. The retiring of an oft-used number for a man who never donned a uniform AND who already has a statue in front of Miller Park is ridiculous.

I often times wish the Brewers were run more like the Packers when it comes to honoring their greats. If Cecil Cooper # isn't retired, why should Bud Selig have a retired number? Lame.

Giving Bud recognition is one thing, retiring a number is another thing, a really dumb thing...

I just don't understand why they felt the need to retire a jersey number, it makes no logical sense. Maybe do like they did for Uecker, put him up with the others, but retiring a number that he never wore is just stupid. It almost seems like they are reaching for reasons to retire numbers.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

So we will have 3 numbers retired for guys that played a total of six years on the Brewers. [sarcasm]Totally not a desperate move by a pathetic franchise.[/sarcasm]

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

So we will have 3 numbers retired for guys that played a total of six years on the Brewers. [sarcasm]Totally not a desperate move by a pathetic franchise.[/sarcasm]

If they stick with the Hall of Fame thing, Hoffman should have his number retired too in a few years.

And Don Sutton ;)

The good thing about the wall of honor is they don't even have to consider anymore retiring the number of guys like Hoffman and Sheffield as they get an automatic selection to the wall when they make the hall of fame.

Archived