Brewer Fanatic

AAA Nashville Sounds sever ties with Milwaukee Brewers for "lack of winning"

The stache

I apologize if this has already been posted. I did not see anything on the minor league board. Mods, please feel free to move.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/276775371.html

Nashville owner severed ties with Brewers for lack of winning

Cincinnati - At least Nashville Sounds owner Frank Ward finally admitted Tuesday what had become obvious: he severed ties with the Milwaukee Brewers because they didn't win enough at the Class AAA level.

In signing a new player development contract with Oakland, Ward said he felt the Athletics were more committed to winning at the top minor-league level. The Brewers had been affiliated with Nashville for 10 years but hadn't made it to the playoffs since 2007.

Ward and A's general manager Billy Beane signed a player development contract that puts Oakland's Pacific Coast League affiliate in Nashville and the new First Tennessee Park for the next four seasons.

The Sounds affiliation with the Brewers, which began in 2005, expired at the end of this past season.

"The biggest thing was winning," Ward said when asked why he decided not to re-sign with Milwaukee. "Let me just say that I have great respect for (Brewers general manager) Doug Melvin and everything he's accomplished. But winning is very key to us and the A's bring that to us after winning (Pacific Coast League) 11 division titles; they are committed to winning."

So, who will the Brewers have as their AAA affiliate for the 2015 season?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It's Colorado Springs. There' a lengthy thread in the minor league forum about it.

Thank you. I'll go back and look for that, and see if I can delete this one.

Well, I can't delete the topic, I guess, once a post is made. Can a mod please delete this? Thanks.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived