Brewer Fanatic

Who will get Sheet's next start?

Kpanz20

Gallardo or Villanueva?

One could make an arguement for either.

I vote Gallardo... and I would say that even if he didn't fill in so well for Sheets today. I think Ned values Villanueva out in the pen too much to move him.

I'm with doug here. Will Sheets miss his next start? If I had to guess I would say Villy. YoYo was at 100 innings already this year and they are trying to limit him to 170 this year. If they are planning on using him later in the year they would be better to leave him in the bulpen except in the direst of needs.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'd say minimum 1 start he misses for sure... I could see him coming back after that or missing 4 starts. who knows? It sure doesnt sound as bad as I initially thought when watching.

Just because Yo pitched tonight doesn't mean he has to make the next start. Villanueva could very well take the rubber too in 5 days. I guess it depends on the upcoming games and how much the pen is needed.

This would be one of those decisions that I'd find tough to argue. But if it were me, I'd choose Yo if this injury looked to be short-term and Villanueva if it dragged out a while.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Gallardo and then when Sheets comes back Vargas to the pen. Baby Gallardo and don't let him go deep into games, try to always keep one of the CV's ready for a long relief stint in his starts.

Gallardo and then when Sheets comes back Vargas to the pen. Baby Gallardo and don't let him go deep into games, try to always keep one of the CV's ready for a long relief stint in his starts.

I'm starting to think this too. However, I hope Vargas is being offered in most trade talks DM is in right now. I'd rather add Otsuka to the pen and use Vargas to net something else or more in the potential Texas trade. Much easier said than done, of course.

Latest from rotoworld.com updated around 9 pm.

Ben Sheets left his start Saturday with a sprained middle finger on his pitching hand. He could undergo an MRI on Monday, depending on whether the injury is still bothering him.

The big concern here is that he might have damaged a ligament in the finger, much like Joel Zumaya did. That could potentially be a season-ender for the right-hander. If it turns out that he just tweaked it, then he could avoid the disabled list. With his status uncertain for now, Yovani Gallardo needs to be owned in every format. Jul. 14 - 9:57 pm et

I wonder, do people still want to trade a starting pitcher today?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

any time your ace has to leave a game early no matter how little the injury might seem, its good enough time to worry. Then when you have an mri to make sure things are ok, i think its more than ok to worry...if things turn out to be nothing then good, we dodged a bullet. We'll see in the next day or so

If it is long term, it more or less has to be Villanueva. If it is short term, they could get by with Gallardo and his innings limit. If it is nothing, I'll be more than happy to see Ben Sheets pitch in five days.

If the injury is nothing "serious" I guess I'd rather have Yo pitch for Sheeter at least once, just to make sure it gets healed up. I'd rather favor Sheets pitching in September/October than try him against Arizona.

It sucks to see Ben with another injury but I'm more excited to see Yo or Villy pitch that any other SP right now.

That article does make it seem like Yost limiting Gallardo's innings is top priority.

Yeah, as much as I really don't like a 13 man staff, this is probably exactly the time to have one. I suppose the day game and flight availability might get into the way, though.

On the subject of Sheets, one of today's Rick Braun Journal Sentinel articles sounded cautiously optimistic.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived