Brewer Fanatic

Garza ejection

jerichoholicninja

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/95646658/matt-garza-ejected-after-hitting-andrew-mccutchen-with-a-pitch-twice

"I tried to plead my case to the umpire," Garza said, "and he just told me, 'In this type of situation, my hands are tied.' I said, 'Come on, you know it.' He said, 'Yeah, I know it,' and all three umpires there were like, 'You've got to understand the situation.' I was like, 'What? It's a playoff atmosphere situation. Of course, everybody's on the edge of their seats right now.' It is what it is."

Obviously this is only Garza's interpretation of what the ump said but if the ump actually said that, that is just terrible. It was a 1-2 count, there was no intent and no reason to throw Garza out other than to please Pittsburgh. Like I said in the in game thread, where were these umpires when pitchers were using Braun and Fielder for target practice a few years ago?

"I know when you're pitching to a guy like that, you have to get it inside, you can't leave it out over the plate," Cole conceded. "Going up and in, you've got to know how to do it, be comfortable doing it. I don't know what the intent was on either of them. It could've been as simple as that -- the only two misfires he had all night were to him."

Of course every Brewer fan's favorite Pirate, Garrett Cole, had an opinion on the situation. Nothing like a rookie telling a 9 year veteran he doesn't know how to pitch.

Cole sucks, aj burnett last season inflated his ego and ruined his attitude in my opinion.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived