2. Travis Snider RF
  3. Andrew McCutchen CF
  4. Neil Walker 2B
  5. Russell Martin C
  6. Starling Marte LF
  7. Ike Davis 1B
  8. Jordy Mercer SS
  9. Edinson Volquez RHP

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would walk off the field. That's ridiculous.

I don't think it was intentional, but if Volquez drilled our star player twice in the same spot on two consecutive at-bats, I think most of us would raise eyebrows. So I get it.

Just wish he had made it worthwhile and drilled Martin twice instead of McCutchen.

Volquez should have been ejected after the second pitch at Braun as it was clearly intentional.

So because Cutch gets hit a lot this season, Garza gets thrown out? Where were these umps when pitchers were using Braun and Fielder for target practice a few years ago?

Add Rickie Weeks to this - and also remember that Gomez got hit in back to back ABs last night.....

I guess the Matt Clark fun lasted a long time...back to the 62 year old Lyle Overbay at 1st.

I don't get it. Your offense is doing nothing. We know what Overbay brings. He's a bench guy. You need a spark. Matt Clark is the only one offering anything resembling power this month. He starts to look like he might be able to bring something to the table. And so then....you go back to Reynolds and Overbay?

I guess the Matt Clark fun lasted a long time...back to the 62 year old Lyle Overbay at 1st.

I don't get it. Your offense is doing nothing. We know what Overbay brings. He's a bench guy. You need a spark. Matt Clark is the only one offering anything resembling power this month. He starts to look like he might be able to bring something to the table. And so then....you go back to Reynolds and Overbay?

Trying to figure out our managers decisions is futile...

There is NO reason to play Overbay or Reynolds the reminder of the season, NONE! Yet that is what we are doing.

Now is the time to see Clark, every day for the rest of the year. Why not see what we have in him?

So frustrating.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Well, Overbay's gotten on base 2 of 3 times tonight (walk & an almost-HR double), which is more than anyone else on either team has done through the top of the 7th except McCutchen, who did so with no batting prowess whatsoever, only by getting hit twice.

Playing him at 1B on any given night isn't total folly. . . . No, I don't think he should be the everyday 1B. But I don't think it's absurd that he starts occasionally. I do think it's absurd, though, if Reynolds does -- he of the .143 BA since Aug. 1st. Overbay's OPS going into tonight was .668 -- not really much good, but hardly different than Reynolds' .681 and more a factor of getting on base a whole lot more rather than 21 HRs... and 35 RBIs for Overbay vs. 45 for Reynolds even though Reynolds has over 50% more ABs.... yeah, no reason Reynolds should be doing anything other than PH'ing or playing out of dire injury-replacement necessity.

I'd still like to see Clark in the lineup far more than Overbay, but seeing Overbay in the lineup is not nearly as bad as Hector Gomez (banjo-hitting .150-ish BA) playing SS instead of Herrera (.277 BA in about 130 ABs).

My point is not to play the guy who is the best out of what we have, but to play the guy that we may have to take a look at for 1B next year.

Play the young guy from now on, get some kind of feeling as to whether or not he can help us next year or not.

Playing the guy with the best shot to help us win? That ship has sailed...

If they can manage wins in these last 2 games against Pittsburgh, they're not out of it yet. They can't totally give up until they're mathematically out or essentially out.

Ok, then Clark STILL gives us the best shot at winning, regardless of the situation...

EDIT: And with that, Kintzler enters the game, winning seems impossible now...

If they can manage wins in these last 2 games against Pittsburgh, they're not out of it yet. They can't totally give up until they're mathematically out or essentially out.

I think they've already got that part covered.

Also, how is not starting Lyle Overbay a sign of giving up? Lyle Overbay is hardly an essential cog to this offense. You could certainly argue he gives you less of a shot to win.

Archived