Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-19 Brewers (Gallardo) at Pirates (Locke), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Bombers

This is probably more pertinent to last night than tonight, but I just found the split that says the Brewers have the fewest -- yes, FEWEST -- K's in the NL with RISP. Watching last night's game, and knowing how unbelievably bad our offense has been for most of the past 3 months, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

All I can figure is that that must've never happened in the 1st half except a couple times in June -- we've been making up for it over the past month-plus, to be sure!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally incidental and unimportant, but watching the video of Martin's HR, he took a WHOLE LOT LONGER to get moving out of the box and toward 1B than Gomez did in the couple instances when other teams got all peeved at him for "admiring his HR" or "showboating." Good thing it wasn't against the Cardinals or against a team w/ McCann catching because Martin would surely never hear the end of it!

Community Moderator

The season was realistically already over but tonight sealed the deal.

When I look at this roster compared with 2011, it's amazing they got this far.

Not sure how they are going to be able to turn things around.

This is probably more pertinent to last night than tonight, but I just found the split that says the Brewers have the fewest -- yes, FEWEST -- K's in the NL with RISP. Watching last night's game, and knowing how unbelievably bad our offense has been for most of the past 3 months, I find that incredibly hard to believe.

All I can figure is that that must've never happened in the 1st half except a couple times in June -- we've been making up for it over the past month-plus, to be sure!

They're not striking out. They're hitting weak ground balls to the shortstop, which I will refer to as the "Jean Segura special" from now on.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived