Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-19 Brewers (Gallardo) at Pirates (Locke), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Bombers
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a way I'm glad Broxton blew it since this team should be punished for once again putting up two runs. Are there any teams as unenjoyable to watch right now? Remove teams that actually win and you're left with the Cubs (young talent), the Rockies (put up a bunch of runs). We're right there with the Mets and D-Backs in the Sea of Lame.

I think it might be harder to sell season tickets without some personnel changes.

Not to worry, I got my Brewer playoff tickets awhile ago. Should I get a refund on them, or see if I can pick up anything for them on EBay as a novelty item?

Just at a loss for words at this point. I've started a bunch of posts and then just quit on them. Just soul crushing. With football all weekend this may well be the last of the Crew for me this season. Still pulling for them until the E# chimes, but I really don't want to have to see it when it happens, especially since it'll probably become official when somebody hits a walk-off homer for the Reds on a broken-bat jamshot that wouldn't be a homer anywhere but that stupid bandbox.

I think it might be harder to sell season tickets without some personnel changes.

It's been harder to sell tickets this year. Some of that may have to do with low expectations to start after last season but they were in contention after the all-star break and they could barely crack 40,000. The last two times they were contending during the season they would eclipse 40,000 every night through the summer, stay in the mid 30,000s when school started again and get back to 40,000+ on September weekend series'.

This year it's been weak crowds relative to their record all summer.

So yeah, I think fans might be getting tired of this suck for two years, hope we can compete every once in a while stuff.

I was talking to a friend of mine back in June. He's a casual observer at best. He couldn't name 5 Brewers. When I discussed the improved rotation, the lights out bullpen, and MVP candidates in our lineup to justify how this team might actually be for real, he simply said, "No, its the Brewers, they'll choke."

Doesn't know a thing about the team. But he was right.

even if these losers had made the playoffs, it wouldn't have been enjoyable at least for me considering where they were in the standings a month ago. i hate to admit this but they deserve this failure and humiliation. what a pathetic team this is. each one of these guys is mentally soft for allowing this to happen. it all starts with their lame duck manager RRR. they are as emotionless and as weak as he is.

pirates deserve this more than the cheap little ''team''

Archived