Brewer Fanatic

Cheer up!

LouisEly
I seriously don't know of another franchise with that many fans that would get so bent out of over something like the Lucroy All Star vote thing. If the Cardinals did an ad like that, I would think it was hilarious. But I guess the whole organization from the team, to their marketing, to their fans has one giant stick up their butt and gets more easily offended than a feminist at an NRA rally.

Hope some prying eye Cardinals fan is reading this, formulating a jealousy retort and some explanation about how Braun is a cheater while at the same time trying to ignore the McGuire statue on the front lawn and the massive Peralta contract that the team just signed.

Where to begin? You don't think Brewer fans would go crazy if the Cardinals had a promotion for Molina that said don't vote for Lucroy? Even if it was humorous like the Brewers ad, you gotta be kidding me Brewers fans would go nuts.

You also don't see Cardinals fans, in general, getting on Braun. There were no steroid, cheater, whatever chants this past series.

There, I'm done defending Cardinals fans now. By the way, you do realize feminists and the NRA is a mixed meta... nevermind I'm not going there.

I seriously don't know of another franchise with that many fans that would get so bent out of over something like the Lucroy All Star vote thing. If the Cardinals did an ad like that, I would think it was hilarious. But I guess the whole organization from the team, to their marketing, to their fans has one giant stick up their butt and gets more easily offended than a feminist at an NRA rally.

Hope some prying eye Cardinals fan is reading this, formulating a jealousy retort and some explanation about how Braun is a cheater while at the same time trying to ignore the McGuire statue on the front lawn and the massive Peralta contract that the team just signed.

Where to begin? You don't think Brewer fans would go crazy if the Cardinals had a promotion for Molina that said don't vote for Lucroy? Even if it was humorous like the Brewers ad, you gotta be kidding me Brewers fans would go nuts.

You also don't see Cardinals fans, in general, getting on Braun. There were no steroid, cheater, whatever chants this past series.

There, I'm done defending Cardinals fans now. By the way, you do realize feminists and the NRA is a mixed meta... nevermind I'm not going there.

If the Cardinals came out with a fake cheesy attack ad, I think the Brewers marketing people would come back with a fake cheesy attack ad. The St Louis Post Dispatch treated it like a scandal and interviewed Lucroy asking if he approved it! Matheny even responded to it saying he saw it and was surprised by it!

All in all, I admitted I was overgeneralizing and I hated when fans cared more about the destruction of a rival franchise vs cheering on their own. We vent enough about the Brewers, so taking it out on another team is probably good for mental health.

• 3 weeks later...

To stoke our shared antipathy towards St. Louis and their baseball franchise, as well as to provide some need moments of hilarity, I present to you The Best of Bad St. Louis Baseball Writing courtesy of SB Nation:

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/10/9/6944445/mlb-2014-nlcs-playoffs-cardinals-bad-writing

And here is Deadspin's commentary on the elegant prose that lauds the classiest franchise of the National League:

http://deadspin.com/lets-try-to-create-the-worst-sportswriting-about-the-ca-1644378413

Archived