Brewer Fanatic

Winter Weather Thread 2014/15

Patrick425
Community Moderator
Several opportunities coming up for accumulating snow in Wisconsin...one system on Thursday and then maybe another chance toward the end of next weekend with a big blast of cold air. Props to all of you for putting up with that horrible weather year after year.

Community Moderator
Cue the local news stations treating the first snow storm like it's the apocalypse.

That's funny because the models have shifted north so Milwaukee is going to get almost all rain from this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We heat with wood mostly. So far this winter we have used half of what we used last year.

We also have only been plowed once this year. Our 1/3 of mile driveway is happy about that.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
I'm hearing mother nature is dropping 6-9 inches of snow in Milwaukee on Sunday.

[sarcasm]Happy February, everybody![/sarcasm]

It sounds like the closer you are to either Lake Michigan or the IL border, the more snow you'll get.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wow, Linus, go back to playing Vince Guaraldi and Beethoven.

Spent about 45 minutes getting the little woman's Toyota back in the garage. For some reason a car with low clearance doesn't travel well through snow drifts... huh.

How long have Winter storms been named?

Also listening to WGN I hear Tom Skilling - guy sure knows a lot - and think Milwaukee. The time factor on my memory unit is not working well. Don't anyone recommend a hard reset.

Formerly AKA Pete

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
19 inches here in Chicago. My car won't be moving for a while.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Wow, Linus, go back to playing Vince Guaraldi and Beethoven.

Spent about 45 minutes getting the little woman's Toyota back in the garage. For some reason a car with low clearance doesn't travel well through snow drifts... huh.

How long have Winter storms been named?

Also listening to WGN I hear Tom Skilling - guy sure knows a lot - and think Milwaukee. The time factor on my memory unit is not working well. Don't anyone recommend a hard reset.

Tom Skilling worked in Madison back in the day.

Tom Skilling worked in Madison back in the day.

But his glory days were playing supporting cast to Albert

http://im.archive.today/6kjn5/cd1f46a8255498fc1fa8017d6ecba9fd2b27f278.jpg

Next is a discussion of the green sheet.

Formerly AKA Pete

The Weather Channel started naming winter storms, hurricane-style, a few years ago. I suppose it makes them easier to hype. Channel 11 in Green Bay has been naming winter storms (at least those that hit their viewing area) since at least the early 1990s.

More about winter storm naming here.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• 4 weeks later...
Saw on the news the other night that this February was the 6th coldest on record (for Milwaukee). The last 2 or 3 weeks have reminded me of just about how every week was last Winter. More than 10 days away, but Accuweather.com is predicting 50's by the end next week...keep your fingers crossed!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived