Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-17 Brewers (Fiers) at Cardinals (Wainwright), 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-0]

TooLiveBrew

I don't want RR gone... just see no logic in sitting Clark down now. My guess is he is a flash in the pan, but hey who knows? Why not get the most out of him right now. To me it would be like sitting Fiers down after a few of his great starts. To me, it's on par with starting Marcum in Game 6 in 2011 and Sveum starting Suppan in Game 4 of 2008...... no argument to support his move (Overbay is what he is, no one is hitting for power except Clark in limited at bats)

Only other situation I really struggled with..... Roenicke talking about contact play with a guy on 3B about three months ago. Weak Liner to SS and he's DEFENDING Herrera for taking off for home on contact play. Anyone remember this?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...but it gets old how some posters here have such a negative disposition against any & every Brewers manager that we could win the World Series and and people would still say our manager sucks and should be fired . . .

For every poster who wants RRR fired, there is also another poster who wants to forgive RRR for every stupid thing he does. It feels like there are as many posters here making excuses for the ineptness of our manager as there are posters who want him gone...

Not double switching last night was the last straw for me. Fire him.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

At least it's not just the Brewers who don't fare well against St. Louis. That just amplified the treachery they were facing tonight. Per Adam McCalvy's tweet after the game:

"Sweet sassy malassy. Cardinals have shut out their opponent 21x this season, most for STL since Gibson's 1968 club."

Yup, if Wainwright was on his game, it was going to take a bit of a miracle! Fiers could've thrown 9 perfect innings & it wouldn't've mattered because we can hardly hit as it is, let alone string together multiple hits and put up crooked numbers -- and let alone do so against Wainwright.

Roenicke has plenty of gumption. Getting ejected would do exactly what in that scenario?

It would show he has a pulse. It would show he cares. It would help to make umps accountable. It would show he cares about his player getting gypped. He looks weak. Matheney would have been out there barking had the situation been reversed, guaranteed. No fire in the leader of the team ... not good! Common sense, man!

I heard that Bill Schroeder thought Mike Fiers beat out a grounder earlier in the game that the first base ump said Fiers was out on. The replay supposedly showed that Fiers was safe. Where was Roenicke's appeal there? It was missing ... again, there is just the "acceptance" of screwy calls from umps because Roenicke has no gumption.

I heard that Bill Schroeder thought Mike Fiers beat out a grounder earlier in the game that the first base ump said Fiers was out on. The replay supposedly showed that Fiers was safe. Where was Roenicke's appeal there? It was missing ... again, there is just the "acceptance" of screwy calls from umps because Roenicke has no gumption.

I thought he looked out on the replay

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

braun swings at so much outside junk that it is easy to call those balls against him. i bet if he swung less at outside junk, umpires would be more hesitant to call junk like that. the zones that hitters create for themselves have an influence. braun's bad over-aggressive free swinging rep certainly doesn't help.

That shouldn't matter! Who cares what Braun swings at or doesn't? Call the damn pitch what it is. If that is what umps do then the game is BS IMO.

How RR can leave Clark, arguably our hottest bat on the bench.....

-in a pennant race

-against the 1st place team

- did I mention hottest bat

- when the team cannot hit

- when the team is not hitting for power

IS BEYOND ME....

By the way, who's pitching tomorrow? Marcum? NLCS Game 6 logic= Playing Overbay at 1B now

VENTING HORRIBLY.... Man, play the hot hand! Get a clue!

There are some who don't think RR should be fired. But I can't think of another HC or manager who's job would be secure after a collapse by his club like the one we witnessed this season. What drives me crazy is the guys keep making the same mistakes and nothing changes. Isn't that the definition of insanity? Its almost as bad at McCarthy keeping Capers around all this time. :tongue I will be bitterly disappointed if changes are not made this offseason.

Archived