Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-16 Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Lynn), 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2 (12 innings)]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here comes a single from Braun - the anti clutch

I know it's popular to bag on Braun and his thumb injury as certainly caused him to be less-than-Braun-like this year, but really? If he were to have gotten a base hit in extra innings, you'd mock him for being "anti-clutch?" Like a guy sucks if he can't dial up a homer on demand?

I know it's popular to bag on Braun and his thumb injury as certainly caused him to be less-than-Braun-like this year, but really? If he were to have gotten a base hit in extra innings, you'd mock him for being "anti-clutch?" Like a guy sucks if he can't dial up a homer on demand?

Yes, that is literally how many posters seem to think. Hence, the word clutch being used way too often around here recently.

Fair point - poorly worded on my end. Just saying his single would be an inning too late. I don't expect anyone to hit HRs on demand. But a base hit from one of your best players in the most critical spot of the season would have been nice. But as you said a single an extras isn't being "anti clutch" - just poorly worded

Fair point - poorly worded on my end. Just saying his single would be an inning too late. I don't expect anyone to hit HRs on demand. But a base hit from one of your best players in the most critical spot of the season would have been nice. But as you said a single an extras isn't being "anti clutch" - just poorly worded

http://i.imgur.com/D74yg.gif

+1000. League average the last I checked is a .700 OPS. Braun, in a down year, is around .800. What a bum. Some would probably say he's been struggling for a month or better. Just an awful hitter.

Why not just keep Jeffress in? Duke sucks too.

Jeffress was at 18 pitches so likely couldn't make it through the inning

And 3 lefties up in a row. Ron would be stupid to let Jeffress pitch, but then again this is Ron we're talking about.

Ok - thanks for that. I still think a guy throwing 95+ negates a lot of the L/R match-up advantages. And 18 pitches is not a lot. Your mileage may vary.

Archived