Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-13 Reds (Holmberg) at Brewers (Gallardo), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

1992casey
RR..."You know Holmberg had really good stuff. Changed speeds and kept us off balance. I know we only had 2 hits in a game we really needed to win but I really liked the approach of our hitters. I thought the home plate ump made it really hard on our guys...calling strikes when the ball was over the plate."

The "aggressive" hitting approach is, in my mind, predominantly on DM. It's his organizational philosophy. If he wanted hitters with higher walk rates, he's draft and/or develop them. He is what he is.

I think MA is more to blame than DM. Remember when Roenicke was hired it was because Attanasio was blown away by RR's interview. He wasn't the choice of Melvin. Given Roenicke's aggressive philosophy from day one, what else could Doug do but build a team to match what the owner and manager desired.

The "aggressive" hitting approach is, in my mind, predominantly on DM. It's his organizational philosophy. If he wanted hitters with higher walk rates, he's draft and/or develop them. He is what he is.

Really? Guys, in general, are what they are when they get to MLB.... but when you see a guy with a 12% minor league walk rate suddenly completely stop taking walks at the MLB level.... you have to think it's the 'strategy' employed by the MLB team's manager and hitting coach.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Seriously, is Clark hurt? They say they're going to give him a shot at 1st, he plays well, and all of the sudden he can't even get a pinch hitting appearance?

That is weird. Any mention by Roenicke of this after the game? I'm guessing not, but it seems curious.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Seriously, is Clark hurt? They say they're going to give him a shot at 1st, he plays well, and all of the sudden he can't even get a pinch hitting appearance?

That is weird. Any mention by Roenicke of this after the game? I'm guessing not, but it seems curious.

Holmberg =Lefty so they played Maldonado at Catcher Lucroy at 1b. But I'm sure the comment was intended vs. a RH RP.

Anyway, this RH Filled lineup full of sluggers should have destroyed a soft 88-90MPH tossing LHP! 2hits?!! Pathetic! We had a LHSP that should have had a 4ip line of 6ERs, this was one of the easiest matchups they will face in all of September a AAA callup who is just getting a show due to injuries. This game should have been won by the Brewers on paper if they would actually take a few pitches vs. swinging at every offering.

Gomez! OMG, Corkscrew swing after Corkscrew swing, then a laughing at K by being so far ahead of a 73mph curveball. The team's batting approach makes them look like Single A guys that have no chance of ever making it to the Majors. Just swing for HRs! Get the game over with as quickly as possible so we can hop on the bus to the next town.

Can every single Manager! All of them. Then don't even bother hiring a manager for 2015 let the Players manage themselves. Can't be any worse results.

Archived