Brewer Fanatic

Fiers fined

3and2Fastball

could a team "reimburse" a player for a fine they have to pay?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

could a team "reimburse" a player for a fine they have to pay?

I think players could help pay the fine if they felt it was necessary or unjust. It's not like MLB is going to check the money for fingerprints to see who touched it.

I think a fine is justified based off of his reaction to the Marlins dugout and having to be restrained by Kranitz.

I think his reaction was probably caused by their dugout yelling on what again was obviously unintentional. It's not like Fiers went towards their dugout screaming back at them and I'm pretty sure Kranitz was just getting him completely away from that situation. He was obviously distraught at that point and being in the middle of that wouldn't have done anybody any good.

I think a fine is justified based off of his reaction to the Marlins dugout and having to be restrained by Kranitz.

I'd love to know what was said in the Marlins' dugout to get that kind of a reaction out of Fiers. For over a half an hour Mike was sad and contrite over hitting Stanton and it was clearly obvious there was no malice in those pitches. I suspect somebody in the dugout said the magic words and then all hell broke lose. RR should have taken Mike out of there after he hit Stanton IMO. Nothing good was gonna come out of leaving him in there the other night. :(

I always really liked Frank Thomas, but man, on Fox's pregame show today, he said Fiers should be fined and suspended for "headhunting." Yes, Frank, because he was totally doing that. You'd think a HOF'er would know the difference between headhunting and a ball getting away from a pitcher.

I always really liked Frank Thomas, but man, on Fox's pregame show today, he said Fiers should be fined and suspended for "headhunting." Yes, Frank, because he was totally doing that. You'd think a HOF'er would know the difference between headhunting and a ball getting away from a pitcher.

Seriously? Well...I guess there's an opening in the "all time great baseball player who makes absolutely no sense when talking about the game," category since Morgan is off ESPN.

Fiers might end up being the one who ends up being impacted by this the most. Yes, I know Stanton got hurt badly, but Fiers was so upset and frankly looked so scared that this could have a big impact on the rest of his career.

I'd love to know what was said in the Marlins' dugout to get that kind of a reaction out of Fiers. For over a half an hour Mike was sad and contrite over hitting Stanton and it was clearly obvious there was no malice in those pitches. I suspect somebody in the dugout said the magic words and then all hell broke lose. RR should have taken Mike out of there after he hit Stanton IMO. Nothing good was gonna come out of leaving him in there the other night.

I think the Marlins were really getting worked up with the umpire, but if you're a pitcher who's completely frazzled over hitting a guy in the face and you're hearing screaming from the dugout you're going to think it's towards you.

I think Fiers threw his arms up towards the Marlins as if to say, "c'mon, do you really think I'm trying to hit your guys," and at that point, after having their star player on the ground and another get hit up high AND to add insult to injury, to call both strikes, any gesture was going to set off the Marlins.

I have no problem with how either side acted in this case.

I don't think Gomez was hit on purpose and I don't think there should have been suspensions or fines at all.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Also, I don't remember if it was Frank Thomas or Erik Karros who said it, but one of them scolded Lucroy for calling the next pitch up and in. I'd have to check the replay, but I really doubt he called that specific location.

Also, I don't remember if it was Frank Thomas or Erik Karros who said it, but one of them scolded Lucroy for calling the next pitch up and in. I'd have to check the replay, but I really doubt he called that specific location.

Luc actually said he called down and away. Given where Fiers' head was, it was going to be anywhere but.

Archived