Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun & His Thumb… Latest (11/26): Ryan tells media thumb is 100%

Baldkin
MVP Braun alone gives this team an extra 4-5 wins over 2014 Braun. But expecting 35-40 HR's and a .330 BA is unrealistic, I agree. As reillymcshane said, a 25-30 HR, .300 BA year from Braun definitely changes the complexion of the team and would certainly add a few extra wins to the Brew Crew.
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Not a huge Braun fan, but we need him to produce or his contract will kill us. I hope his treatment worked. Unfortunately with Braun, I don't really believe what he says anymore. He will either prove it one way or the other with his performance in 2015.

I think they were really unsure how it would turn out. Being scarf of the outcome, he didn't want to lose a full season or possibly his career. After struggling so bad last year, I bet he said screw it and said might as well. Because he wasn't the same guy last year. If this truly did work, it's the bigger boost to our lineup we could get.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I just don't get how this procedure was put off if in less than 2months' time Braun's thumb is better than it has felt in long time? Why didn't this happen in May then? With Braun returning say after the AS Break or even in August?

It was an unproven procedure even 6 months ago in May. It was very much an experimental thing, which could've caused further damage to his thumb.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I just don't get how this procedure was put off if in less than 2months' time Braun's thumb is better than it has felt in long time? Why didn't this happen in May then? With Braun returning say after the AS Break or even in August?

It was an unproven procedure even 6 months ago in May. It was very much an experimental thing, which could've caused further damage to his thumb.

I thought the reason he chose this procedure was because even if it didn't work, it couldn't make it worse.

I thought the reason he chose this procedure was because even if it didn't work, it couldn't make it worse.

They weren't sure of that 6 months ago.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Either way, what's done, is done and we can't go back and change 2014. What we can hope for is that he is telling the truth and his thumb is healed because when he's healthy, he is one of the best hitters in this game. What a boost this could be.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It would be a boost for sure, but we still have a black hole of questions at 1B, and if Ramirez goes down for any length of time, we have 2 offensive positions that need to be upgraded at 1B and 3B...

Braun being back to normal helps us tremendously, but we still need a better roster to have him push us over the edge.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

we still have a black hole of questions at 1B, and if Ramirez goes down for any length of time, we have 2 offensive positions that need to be upgraded at 1B and 3B...

You don't feel that Lind is an upgrade over Overbay/Reynolds at 1B?

Also, injuries occur, sure. But most teams do not have an all star backup to take their starters place. I think having guys like Hector Gomez, Rogers, Jiminez are pretty good backup plans if Aram does get hurt.

It would be a boost for sure, but we still have a black hole of questions at 1B, and if Ramirez goes down for any length of time, we have 2 offensive positions that need to be upgraded at 1B and 3B...

Braun being back to normal helps us tremendously, but we still need a better roster to have him push us over the edge.

How is Adam Lind NOT an upgrade in your eyes? The man was a better hitter in 2013 than any player on our roster including Lucroy by several metrics. I understand the injury cloud but assuming he is healthy most/all of the season I don't see how he does not improve the team.

Or 100% today, 0% tomorrow because it fell off

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived