Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-11 Marlins (Eovaldi) at Brewers (Fiers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2; GET WELL SOON, GIANCARLO STANTON]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boy RR sure didn't like the fact that Smith pumped in three straight fastballs. Lol. Nice to see him take charge a bit.

Maybe he is thinking his job isn't quite as safe as it was a month ago, and he is actually a bit nervous about the future of his employment with the Brewers?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Come on, KRod. Throw some bleeping strikes. Don't you let this game get away from you.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Weeks pinch hitting for a kid who hit a HR in 2 straight games? RRR over managing.

EDIT: Yup, that worked out just great.

:rolleyes

Or it was because he was a lefty hitter facing a really good lefty pitcher and Weeks hits lefties quite well. Makes sense to me.

Of course that is what he was thinking, but I wouldn't have done it, and look how it turned out. Sometimes, he just needs to NOT manage.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm telling you, there is some very strange/weird juju/karma going on with the Brewers these days. Bruce Seid passing away, the Spring Training facility in AZ getting flooded out, and now what happened to Stanton today (plus that bizarre losing streak....) crazy crazy crazy couple of weeks for the Brewers organization
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Weeks pinch hitting for a kid who hit a HR in 2 straight games? RRR over managing.

EDIT: Yup, that worked out just great.

:rolleyes

Or it was because he was a lefty hitter facing a really good lefty pitcher and Weeks hits lefties quite well. Makes sense to me.

To be fair, Clark hits lefties very well. He's not a typical left handed batter who is useless against lefties.

Anyone watch the Marlins coverage of Johnson getting hit. Their announcer said, "That's right! Let's go! That's what you need to do" as the benches empty. Real classy character there.

On second thought, if you want to maintain your sanity don't watch it. Apparently the love child of Kirk Gibson and Tony La Russa is announcing for the Marlins.

Sorry did not take your advice. After yelling you have to protect your big man twice the guy was shocked, shocked that anyone would think Gwen Stefani was throwing at GoGo intentionally. On the K of Johnson he first said if it's anywhere close or in between or something you can't call it a swing (not sure where in the rule book it says you can't call the same thing twice in a row if it happens twice in a row) then fell back to saying no way was it a swing (it looked like a swing to everyone else). He yelled that it was some kind of outrage that Fiers was still on the field to see if the inning was over while the umpires were conferring on whether it was strike 3 or not. Then all the whining about how the 4 guys in blue and everyone else are all against the Marlins and what a joke etc etc. Don't know who the guy is but he's bad. No wonder nobody follows the Marlins.

Anyone watch the Marlins coverage of Johnson getting hit. Their announcer said, "That's right! Let's go! That's what you need to do" as the benches empty. Real classy character there.

I've watched a lot of Marlin games down here and I've never heard Tommy Hutton so pissed. Everybody knows Fiers had no intention of hitting Stanton. RR should have taken Mike out of there. You could see how upset he was. Had RR taken him out none of the ugliness afterwards would have taken place.

On second thought, if you want to maintain your sanity don't watch it. Apparently the love child of Kirk Gibson and Tony La Russa is announcing for the Marlins.

Sorry did not take your advice. After yelling you have to protect your big man twice the guy was shocked, shocked that anyone would think Gwen Stefani was throwing at GoGo intentionally. On the K of Johnson he first said if it's anywhere close or in between or something you can't call it a swing (not sure where in the rule book it says you can't call the same thing twice in a row if it happens twice in a row) then fell back to saying no way was it a swing (it looked like a swing to everyone else). He yelled that it was some kind of outrage that Fiers was still on the field to see if the inning was over while the umpires were conferring on whether it was strike 3 or not. Then all the whining about how the 4 guys in blue and everyone else are all against the Marlins and what a joke etc etc. Don't know who the guy is but he's bad. No wonder nobody follows the Marlins.

Just watched and boy... what a clown. Why was he blaming the umpires? For not tossing Fiers after Stanton got hit? His rants are childish and nonsensical. I get being mad at your best player going down, but to be in front of a mic and start calling out players..

Link here:

http://www.mlb.com/r/video?content_id=36169801

As for the game: wouldn't be surprised if Broxton closes tomorrow if (hopefully) given the chance. K Rod has pitched last 3 games, so if the situation is high leverage, maybe he'll get used. K Rod looked great tonight and last night, so hopefully he has turned things around if he stays the closer.

I don't know if it was the same guy who ranted on the Miami telecast, but MLB Network had the Marlin's TV announcer on last night. He was all somber and said the pitches by Fiers were clearly unintentionally. I think it's funny if he was the same guy.

Fiers makes his living up in the zone. Generally those pitches don't ride in but it's a pretty fine line. Wishing for a full recovery for Stanton and no lasting effects. But Fiers is no more culpable than if Stanton had lined a pitch right at him and hit him in the face. It's the nature of the game. It's happened before and will happen again. Fortunately it's rare, because most times hitters can turn their heads away. Tough night.

Also, I saw Curt Schilling on ESPN last night and he said that even if everyone knew for a fact that a guy was plunked by accident, there would be retaliation. Such a meat head bro attitude.

It's so ridiculous. In hockey, if someone gets hit by a slapshot in the face, you don't get an open slash to the back of the leg. The retaliation in hockey is always on intentional acts and is usually an even 1 on 1 fight.

Football I have really seen any retaliation for even intentional acts. When Suh stomped on EDTS, its not like Jarret Bush went and hit someone out of bounds on the next kickoff.

And basketball, when Bogut ended his season when someone walked under his dunk, its not like Brandon Jennings threw a ball at someone's head during the next inbound pass.

It's a pretty ridiculous practice that's excused by the same rationale hazing is excused... "Its tradition, man"

Archived