Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-09 Marlins (Koehler) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This stretch could really hurt the franchise...ticket sales have to be rough with the casual fan over the off season. I know I'm disgusted, and I'm a diehard...the casual fan will just tune out.

I didn't get home until the 7th inning. What was the crowd like when the game started?

I have never witnessed a stretch of baseball like this in my life. I just feel numb. I've been saying for a handful of days now it will be miracle if we win more than a half a dozen games before this season is mercifully over. If any of these coaches return in 2015 I will not get MLB Extra Innings next season. :(

"We just haven't gotten that big hit" said Roenicke in the post-game interview

Y'think?!!!

No, RRR. Your starting pitching has taken a dump in the last 20 games. I truly don't understand this - the numbers are there for anybody with access to a computer. I don't know if there was a follow up, but that should have been the question. And we've put our best starting pitching prospect in the bullpen so Matt Garza can go 4 innings.

Every man wearing a Milwaukee Brewers uniform, from the manager on down to the ball boy/girl, should feel absolutely embarrassed to be a part of this pathetic team.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

"We just haven't gotten that big hit" said Roenicke in the post-game interview

Y'think?!!!

No, RRR. Your starting pitching has taken a dump in the last 20 games. I truly don't understand this - the numbers are there for anybody with access to a computer. I don't know if there was a follow up, but that should have been the question. And we've put our best starting pitching prospect in the bullpen so Matt Garza can go 4 innings.

Jimmy Nelson flat-out stinks right now. He has a 2-7 record, has an ERA that keeps rising, hasn't won any of his last 6 starts and only once in his past 10, has made it through 6 innings once in his last 4 starts . . . and you think it's a problem he's in the bullpen? Really?

He may well be part of the rotation picture next year and for quite some time after that, but I don't want to see him start another game this year. Sure, he pitches longer than 4 innings - by 1 or 2 if he lasts that long. But lately he also gives up as many or more runs than Garza did tonight, which helps nothing.

Garza was far from good tonight. But tonight's loss had nothing to do with the starting pitching. This one's entirely on horrible clutch hitting and K-Rod.

Well, yeah. The past 20 games have been completely on the starting pitching. It's really not a debatable point - it's right there for everyone to see. I'm making a larger point. $50 MILLION to Garza instead of developing your own pitching - your mileage may vary. I think Nelson will be more valuable in the next three years than Garza - you may think differently. I hope we're both right.

Archived