Brewer Fanatic

Screw you, ESPN

The stache

Just caught the beginning of Sportscenter after the second NFL Game tonight. They led off with the Ray Rice debacle, then talked about one of the games tonight, and Eli's 2 picks. Then Kershaw winning his 18th. Then they're showing all the Marlin home runs, and Gallardo getting destroyed. "And the Brewers have now lost 12 of 13!"

You idiots wouldn't even talk about us at the beginning of the season when we were one of the best teams in baseball. Wouldn't mention we were the first team in baseball to 50 wins. Night after night, when we were winning, and destroying everybody, we were at the end of the hour, no matter what we were doing. But now that we're losing, oh hey, gotta put the Brewers in the first ten minutes of the show.

If a meteor fell on Bristol, CT, I seriously wouldn't shed a tear. If they didn't have football, I wouldn't watch them at all.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I don't watch ESPN at all if it's not a live event. I have MLB Network so I watch that for Brewers highlights/big news and they're pretty balanced in their coverage.

I don't really have a problem with anything ESPN says about my favorite teams. It's all about selling ads to them, not sport.

I see no issue at all with ESPN making note of the Brewers epic collapse. Going from first place to going into a tailspain and losing 12/13 in a row is very noteworthy.

Yes, this collapse is noteworthy but so was our strong start so I agree with 'stache. We led the division for most of the season but BSPN didn't think that was noteworthy and only talked about us when we had that bench clearing brawl or Lucroy's push to start in the All Star Game.

What's weird is that I feel like the Packers and Aaron Rodgers get similar national media treatment. All the talk is about the Pats, Niners, Saints, Broncos, Jets, and the NFC East (not always positive discussion, mind you) and never about the Packers until they lose. And even though Aaron Rodgers has clearly been the best QB/player in the league for several years, all anyone talks about is Manning(s), Brady, Kaep, Russell Wilson, Brees, Luck, and RGIII (I won't count Manziel - he's almost at Tebow levels). Rodgers gets mentioned when he breaks his collar bone, when the Packers lose in the playoffs, or when he doesn't sign an autograph.

In the meantime, Mike McCarthy is an AWESOME coach who is never criticized nationally, even though he's really bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorta a screw you ESPN post here.

Has anyone else had problems in the last 24 hours logging in to your ESPN account? For a day it says that my account does not exist. Even fling the forgot username/password thing brings up a "does not exist" result.

I can't change my fantasy team!!!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Sorta a screw you ESPN post here.

Has anyone else had problems in the last 24 hours logging in to your ESPN account? For a day it says that my account does not exist. Even fling the forgot username/password thing brings up a "does not exist" result.

I can't change my fantasy team!!!

I just had my web browser crash. Reloaded and having to put in my password again it said the same thing. User/pass does not exist.

Luckily I'm still logged in with my phone....Not that it's doing my team any good anyway batting a robust .155 or so for the week. $600 on the line and my teams are laying a fat gooseegg. 1RBI in 3 days in one! Ouch

I just had my web browser crash. Reloaded and having to put in my password again it said the same thing. User/pass does not exist.

Luckily I'm still logged in with my phone....Not that it's doing my team any good anyway batting a robust .155 or so for the week. $600 on the line and my teams are laying a fat gooseegg. 1RBI in 3 days in one! Ouch

I feel your pain. I entered the playoffs with a shot to knock off my league's #1 seed, and play for the championship, but then J.J. Hardy, my shortstop, went out. I was told my first baseman, Anthony Rizzo, who was second in the NL in home runs, would be back. That didn't happen. Then, Giancarlo Stanton got beaned. So in 24 hours, I went from having a shot at winning that league for the first time to having no shot at all. I managed to pick up Matt Kemp, who had been on a tear, but he slowed down. Still, it was impossible to replace two guys and their 70 home runs on the fly. Oh well.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I stopped watching ESPN for anything but live sports years ago. We all know they are biased towards large markets for ratings purposes and they put up a bunch of hot air balloons to sit and manufacture arguments. Its the same problem I have with sports talk in general, they take hot button issues (ray rice etc) and run them into the ground way past the point where there is nothing to say.

Archived