Brewer Fanatic

2015 Schedule Released

Bombers

Why do we always open up at home with Colorado or Atlanta?

We certainly do don't we. I don't know.

In Sept, I like the 10 games on the road, 6 games at home and then lets do another 10 on the road. That could be brutal.

Also, why do we always seem to end with the Cubs? I don't really like that the regular season ends October 4th, kind of like it this year when it started late March and ends September 28. I do find the back to back series with the Cubs and White Sox in May interesting, should boost spring attendance.

Other than the White Sox (mostly because I want to see Jose Abreu in person), there aren't many teams coming to town (other than the teams we see here every year) that are worth getting excited about, in my opinion.

Would love to see the Tigers, A's, Angels, Red Sox, or Rays at Miller Park

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Pretty sure the Angels and A's were just here in 2013, the Rays in either 2011 or 2012. Your point remains on the others though. The last time I remember the Tigers being here was 2006 and the Red Sox in 2003 or 2004.

Also, why do we always seem to end with the Cubs?

Milwaukee has a roof, so it's hospitable to a cold weather team that plays its home games outdoors.

But if that were the case cold weather teams with no domes would always open on the road and some would for a couple of weeks.

I would have no problems with teams like Texas, Houston, Milwaukee, Seattle, both LA teams, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta etc. always opening at home because of the weather but that's not the reason we typically open at home and it's not the reason we've lately opened at home against either Atlanta or Colorado.

Also, why do we always seem to end with the Cubs?

Milwaukee has a roof, so it's hospitable to a cold weather team that plays its home games outdoors.

But if that were the case cold weather teams with no domes would always open on the road and some would for a couple of weeks.

I would have no problems with teams like Texas, Houston, Milwaukee, Seattle, both LA teams, Miami, Tampa, Atlanta etc. always opening at home because of the weather but that's not the reason we typically open at home and it's not the reason we've lately opened at home against either Atlanta or Colorado.

why do we always open at home then? would be nice if the schedule would vary once in a while. when was the last time the brewers opened up on the west coast?

why do we always open at home then? would be nice if the schedule would vary once in a while. when was the last time the brewers opened up on the west coast?

I'm not sure when it changed but back in the 70's or 80's I'm pretty sure it alternated every year. Teams opened the season at home and closed the season on the road one year and then the next year it was the opposite (opened on the road, closed at home). Then at some point I believe they decided to tilt home openers to teams in warmer climates and teams that had roofs. I'm believe that Milwaukee (in County stadium) went through several years of not opening at home.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

So, I went back and looked at the Brewer schedules since 1970. In 46 years (including next year) the Brewers have opened at Home 17 times and ended the season at home 18 times. So, it seems like, for the most part, they tended to get the short end of the stick. Some interesting notes:

- From 73 to 81 the alternated every year Away and Home for the opener (that was probably what I was remembering in my post above). They also alternated every year from 84-88.

- For 10 straight years (96 - 05) they opened the season on the road. So even after Miller Park was built, it took the geniuses putting together the schedule 4 or 5 years to realize that the Brewers now had a roof.

- Next year will be the 4th year in a row opening at Home. Prior to that there were only 2 times in Brewer history where they opened consecutive seasons at Home (06-07 and 94-95).

- In both 90 and 95 they opened the season with a 2 game Home and Away series against the White Sox.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived